SAU Community

Supercar Rebuild.

Risking

This is a genuine real McCoy V8 supercar. "Supertaxi" is a slang term used for them.

The suspension in this car is a Morrison live axle 10inch rear diff, GRM build 4 link with watts linkage in the rear

Front is a Paul Morris designed and Paris ascot built wishbone suspension using racer industries upper arms and ascot fabricated lowers.

Rear shocks are ohlins and front shocks are sach. The ohlins are in the rear as they are original GRM. The car started as a strut front end in 2001 and ohlins don't do a conventional shock to suit this setup so Paris used the sach coil over instead.

Awesome thanks mate. Keep up the updates very interested in this

Hopefully this coming week someone at the shop will find time to clean out the inside and get the engine back in.

We've been flat out with customers vehicles recently so haven't had a lot of free time.

Justin at pro wire is going to begin wiring the car next week, the old loom was a mess so a new loom and PDM is being installed.

I've got new windows being cut for it at the moment and Nacca ducts ready to go in.

The diff has been overhauled by diff technics and is right to go now.

• 2 months later...

So I was able to spend some time on the car today.

New fuel pumps ready to drop in. These are believe it or not straight off the shelf Supercharged VT commodore fuel pumps. Nothing special. They are lifed at 12 month intervals.

post-20349-0-51377300-1363418901_thumb.jpg

The fuel tank houses the pumps inside this cavity which is trap doored

post-20349-0-23861500-1363418871_thumb.jpg

post-20349-0-56492100-1363418975_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So I’m having issues with my power steering. the obvious heavy and light and comes on and off randomly now it’s constantly heavy. I’ve read through forums regarding this issue and what I’ve gather is that it’s referring to hicas deletion. That’s the problem mine didn’t come with hicas.    I’ve rebuilt the steering rack, pump, changed the bent hardline on the rack and taken out the solenoid to clean and loosen up the actuator, applied 12v to get it moving. Roughly checked the loom to see if there’s any damage to the loom and nothing. Now I’m checking the wiring. I’ve tested the wiring to the solenoid and it’s fluctuating between 0.07v to 0.03v. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to be reading? 5v? Anyone one know how this all works? Is there a fuse in between? What else is it connected to? How does it connect to the speed sensor? A resistor fried in the ecu? Please help. It’s been years Thanks in advance 
    • that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.
    • Found a car that has kiki desing wheels on it with diffrent plates that match a 2008 model when clearly it's not white  
    • Howdy friends, So this evening I had a need to remove the rear compressor turbo pipe (long story, but I'm replacing it due to a bolt snapping off in the pipe and managing to then snap an extraction bit in the broken bolt, fun times -_-). The rear bolt is a bit of a bastard and very little room to get good leverage. I was able to get a 12 mm socket onto the bolt head, but none of my ratchets were able to fit, so I put together a "stubby" socket wrench to get it out and it worked surprisingly well 🙂. In the past I've "made" tools by cutting down spanners and bending them with a torch etc, but this 3D printed wrench was way less effort. I'll be keeping this one in my "special tool draw" from now on for sure ^_^b https://www.printables.com/model/868973-half-inch-stubby-socket-wrench
    • It looks even better in Person