SAU Community

Installing The Oem Pop Up Screen In A Non-Sat-Nav M35?

jackbh241

Hi All,

Just curious, has anyone ever installed the pop up OEM sat nav screen (not so concerned with the screen just the actual pop up mechanism and screen casing) in a m35 model that does not have the sat nav as standard (the one that has the mini glovebox instead)? Considering putting the screen in but would like to have it neat and 'stock looking'

If not any suggestions for nice places/methods of mounting a 7" screen?

thanks guys :)

I'm looking at doing something similar. Although I have a double din fascia to go in, I already have a single din Pioneer PRS99 to install and will probably fill the gap with the Defi Din Gauge. For the monitor I am considering the Mimics X2 or a simple touchscreen and mini PC. As the navi buttons won't be needed I was just going to fill the space with a trim piece or something.

Someone in the States has already installed a touch screen in place of the OEM nav screen a few years ago in their Infiniti G35 (essentially the same interior). Dracov's CarPC. Stock Navi replacement DIY. The process would be similar for a Series 1 M35. As for installing the pop-up mechanism in a non-navi Stag, I can't see why (I hope) it can't be done so long as you get all the parts required and can get the little button on top to trigger the monitor to go up and down. As soon as I can get a navi monitor and trim I will be giving this a go anyway.

Just be aware that in Series 2 M35s, the stereo fascia (integrated or double din) is slightly taller (a few mms) on non-navi models. So if you get a navi pop-up screen the trim will overlap. This picture shows the difference - the non-navi is on the right.

post-88536-0-51580700-1357736954_thumb.jpg

This photo shows another idea for installing a screen (I think this is an SAU member's Stagea). If you're handy with fibreglass, this shouldn't be too hard to make. Unless someone knows where to source this item.

post-88536-0-52686400-1357737029_thumb.jpg

Edited by QJQ