SAU Community

R33 Gts Hydralic Lock After Injectors Cleaned

Reedo

as the title says i got my injectors cleaned by a mechanic on the central coast and now whenever i go to start the car after putting the rail back in the car hydralicly locks up and wont crank.

the ideas myself and some friends have come up with are as follows:

> bad spark plugs

> bad fuel pressure regulator

> bad injector that is stuck open

> ecu having issues for no particular reason

> crank angle thingy is set too rich

i know how to check my spark plugs, fuel pressure regulator, the ecu and crank angle but the electrics of the injector have got me stumped.

ive removed and reinstalled my fuel rail twice and i cant figure out how a wire would be shorting making them stay open. anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this or any other ideas as to what can be causing it.

cheers.

take the spark plugs out, unplug the crank angle sensor (to stop the injectors firing) and turn the car over (may pay to put a rag over the spark plug valley to stop any fluid going everywhere). if fluid does come out, see whether it is fuel or coolant.

if it is coolant, then you have a blown head gasket. if it is fuel then i'd say you have a shagged O ring on one of the injectors. did you replace them before you put the injectors back in?

I'd guess at sticky injector holding open. Maybe the pintle got damaged during the process and is sticking open.

I agree with the above as to how to diagnose the cylinder. Work out which cylinder it is

(and if it is fuel), providing it is fuel, remove the injector and change it to a new cylinder, see if the problem moves with the injector. If yes, injector rooted, if no you obviously have another issue (electrical)

Good luck!

not sure if this will make me or the mechanic sound stupid but if i remember correctly the pintles are the little caps which go on the ends of the injectors? the mechanic who did the injector cleaning said that the pintles wernt needed so he didnt bother putting any on. would the lack of pintles be causing the injectors to flood the cylinders. and what tool should i use out of my basic as f*ck toolbox to pull injectors out of the rails?

Thats the pintle caps he would talking about. They protect the pintle from getting damaged and help prevent fowling up on the injector tip

The injector should just pull out of the rail once removed or if a different type will have a clip that slides around the injector to lock it in place. You can remove it with any pliers.