SAU Community

R33 front wheel bearings..FAAAARK!

Hi all, good to be back ondasite...still ace!

Tonite I went tp Gary Rogers Nissan in Glen Waverley to pick up my new front wheel bearings....I was told on Saturday by Genesis Tuning in Blackburn that they were noisy..(geesh! I tawt dey were my tyres!), anyways, have you guys (SOME OF U guys have!).... seen the size of these farking things....they are probably compatble with those found on a small passenger aircraft. They r not 'coned' at all and only one bearing is used per wheel. I'm amazed cause I've replaced a couple of sets on Ossie cars (2 pieces per wheel, being an inner and outer cone)...but these ones, what can I say...FAAAARK!

Anyways....has anybody done these at home with their own tools. Will i need a 'puller', or will me and dad just be able to slide the things out?

Hey thanx.....just thought the info might be useful, (when a set gets tossed at you by Mr.Rogers from the computer desk...no, they're not for a Lockheed Jetstar.)

Any help always much appreciated. Mark.

ps. $26.50 FOR one spark plug for these machines!!!???? FAAAAARK

how much for bearings if you dont mind me asking

Hey J!

ofcourse I don't mind!!

$67.50 each side incl GST...I didn't bother with new protective caps ($22.00 each).

Man! they weigh 900 grams each!!!

I can't help with the bearings, but just buy copper plugs at about $20 a set and replace them when changing oil :(

Hey Duncan, no way in the world would I like to take off all those hoses and cross-bar, and induction stuff etc...just to replace the plugs every few months.........NO WAY!!! I'll stick with the long life plugs so I don't have to go thru all that messing around again!!! But maybe you have more time and a nice garage, so this is easy for you?

Anyways...Midas in Clayton did my front bearings (parts supplied) for $55.00 each wheel..........ace. I reckon the guy regrets quoting only this much in the first place though!!!!!!!!!!!!1