SAU Community

Pm35S And Staggered Width Rims - Size/offset...

Iron Chef

Hi guys,

I'm sniffing around the idea of getting a PM35 for a few months as an interim family car for a while...

Looking at 19s for one, and presuming staggered widths won't be an issue for 2WD, correct?

I'm not scared of rolling guards, so hit me with some good offsets for 19x8.5 and 9.5s...

(Got some SSR MS1s in 20x9.5 and 10.5 in the shed but that may be a touch ambitious....)

Good Chef! Awsome cars. Love my PNM35 to bits.

I do think those sizes are a bit ambitious. Best advice I can give is that follow anything G35 or V35 sedan size wise. 2wd you can go staggered no worries.

Import monster has a set of 19" LMGT4s in some good V35 sizes at the moment.... ;)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/417883-19-nismo-lm-gt4/

Offsets are pretty conservative, but all depends on how low you want to go.

All depends on ride height. when lowering the 35 platform, the rear camber increases much quicker the further you drop it. lowering an inch doesnt do much for tucking the top of the rim, but lowering 2 inches gives you enough room for an extra 20mm of offset

10 inch wide rear with +45 offset will be almost flush at 1 inch lowered (a little outside the guard) or almost perfect flush at 1.5" lowered but will need a slight tyre stretch..... 9.5 inch wide rear will need 40mm offset to have the same amount of flushness

front, 10 inch wide with +45 will foul on the strut. most available wheels are 8.5 wide with +35 offset which will be 5-10mm inside the guard at around standard ride height

does the pm35 come with plastic arch flares?

Edited by Deep Dish V35

The toughest offsets I've seen on M35's are 19x9.5 +22 offset.

The rear can take probably +5-10mm more offset than the front, but I reckon that would be a good place to start.

Edited by Daleo

The toughest offsets I've seen on M35's are 19x9.5 +22 offset.

The rear can take probably +5-10mm more offset than the front, but I reckon that would be a good place to start.

Actually, Dale, mine are 19x9.5 +20 offset :whistling:

Here's a photo before the coilovers were installed. It has brought them in a little.

post-72042-0-44175900-1359515996_thumb.jpg

Edited by rosella

They sit flush as, how are they +22?

The fronts sit out past the guard.

The first photo is before the coilovers were installed and just after the guard rolling.

The second one after the coilovers installed.

post-72042-0-04614100-1359533606_thumb.jpg

post-72042-0-96817900-1359534133_thumb.jpg

Edited by rosella

I'm presuming that would be with some serious neg camber...

IC, initially running -3 on the rear and -1.5 front. Rears now -1.5 after toe and camber bolts added.

That's mighty impressive then!

Given the other half will be driving this more than me, I've decided to stick with 19x8.5 and 9.5 +20 all round to try and minimise her kerb bashing techniques a little.

Part of the other reason I've gone a little easy on sizings is I've ordered the Tanabe NF springs for it, which are fairly soft (4.5/5.8) so that the ride doesn't suffer too much.

Now to get it over here and on the road :) Ended up with wine red - not my ideal colour, but black leather and twin roofs makes me happy in the pants :)