SAU Community

Come And Try Hillclimb 16Th Feb

m.j.h

Hi

There is a come and try day on at the local hillclimb track just north of Raymond Terrace

Starts at 9 but would need to be there around 8 at the latest to do paperwork etc

Is open to any car and driver and all safety gear is supplied if you don't have your own helmet extinguisher etc.

If interested can meet at the BP at the end of the freeway from 715 for a 745 firm departure and cruise up as a group

If you want need more info post here or PM me

Thanks

Martin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

There is a come and try day on at the local hillclimb track just north of Raymond Terrace

Starts at 9 but would need to be there around 8 at the latest to do paperwork etc

Is open to any car and driver and all safety gear is supplied if you don't have your own helmet extinguisher etc.

If interested can meet at the BP at the end of the freeway from 715 for a 745 firm departure and cruise up as a group

If you want need more info post here or PM me

Thanks

Martin

any more info?

Who is hosting?

Actual location?

Cut off number of entrants?

Expected amount of runs?

Im interested, just want to get an idea of it.

any more info?

Who is hosting?

Actual location?

Cut off number of entrants?

Expected amount of runs?

Im interested, just want to get an idea of it.

http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/

Should be on the front page of the link

Location is 10 mins north of Raymond terrace

While it is not a compition event testing of the timing equipment will be done on the day

Should get 5+ runs at the hill which consist of a warm up run then another fun straight after so five double runs

http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/

Should be on the front page of the link

Location is 10 mins north of Raymond terrace

While it is not a compition event testing of the timing equipment will be done on the day

Should get 5+ runs at the hill which consist of a warm up run then another fun straight after so five double runs

cheers, will check it out when I get home.

I think i may get the GTR out for this one, HICAS will be locked, power slides will be had.

Ok so myself and Sushi are interested in this, will meet with you at BP i think, ill discuss it further with him.

Edited by T4NK

Okay so after talking to some of the car club peps the numbers are being capped at 30 with a first in first served basis

Keep an eye on the link for entry forms and get them in ASAP if you want to run

Will give everyone an idea of what it's like and see if we would want more events in the future

Okay so after talking to some of the car club peps the numbers are being capped at 30 with a first in first served basis

Keep an eye on the link for entry forms and get them in ASAP if you want to run

Will give everyone an idea of what it's like and see if we would want more events in the future

Can you send details as soon as they are up as there are 34's coming from the coast and Sydney as well, dont want them coming up if its a no go.........

i will be keen to come to this, probably as a spectator though, and take some pics etc..

We will have to cruise together too it, even though its only 10mins past home lol

If the boys from Sydney can get a spot we will have a good R34 car show happening lol

Can you send details as soon as they are up as there are 34's coming from the coast and Sydney as well, dont want them coming up if its a no go.........

Yep

Just had a phone call from the club and they want a list of names of who is coming so can I get that by this arvo by PM or text to 0431398364 and I will give them an idea of numbers

I have tried to reserve spots but need numbers

Sup regs still not done apparently but will let you all know as soon as they are

I'll be up to spectate as well, don't think I will get a run as be driven there to many times

Yep

Just had a phone call from the club and they want a list of names of who is coming so can I get that by this arvo by PM or text to 0431398364 and I will give them an idea of numbers

I have tried to reserve spots but need numbers

Sup regs still not done apparently but will let you all know as soon as they are

I'll be up to spectate as well, don't think I will get a run as be driven there to many times

Well put me down for sure, if the 34 is broken for some reason then Carmen can run the GTi lol.... It'd beat my car anyway lol

Ill PM the boys!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• 10-15 years ago, the answer would always be buy a good import motor and so many machine shops make.a hash of an engine rebuild, or they think they are some sort of RB magicians and want 40k.      Now as others have stated, you are buying a VERY old used motor. So rebuild is the correct answer.  Just finding a machine shop that will both do a good job and charge you a regular price is now your challenge. 
    • SOLVED   simple solution. After wrecking by brain, i ended up jist giggling everything i could. At one point last week I noticed that the left side signals shut off for a split second. I wasn't sure what triggered it. I spent time cleaning up wiring, re-wrapping and adding DT connectors to my IC7 stuff. I bought a new hazard and stalk hoping that would work. The stalk did fix some function issue but not the steady on. Hazard didn't fix it. I started just tracing everything. Once I got to the engine bay I notice my engine harness was droopy. I started moving it and the signals flickered. Come to find out that the starter + turned off sigmals when it grounded out on a bolt I have a Wiring Specialties pro harness so I'm not sure if this is specific to it. So it should work proper once I hook everything up   20240511_190033.mp4
    • Both of those things are on my to do but not quite in a position to do that just yet until I can at least get it running back to stock. Going to work on getting the exhaust manifold gasket and studs replaced first, an obvious need it now. Then I'll try out the new maf and see hownthat does. After that I'm thinking cas if I'm still having the same issues. Still need to run the fuel out and refuel I'll change the fuel filter tomorrow along with cleaning the iacv with carb cleaner. If all else fails I'm going to get a serial port and see if I can get some sort of data on what the ecu is seeing when the issue is happening but really hoping one of the methods above work out first. After I get a good base I'm going link but have to save for that so it'll be a while for that based on my tuners suggestions. Definitely need the exhaust leak fixed first though car has always fallen flat after about 4-4500 rpm since I've had it and suspecting that's the issue. Then I can move forward with the rest. 
    • My vote is rebuild s2 engine or maybe get a neo (but expect you may need to rebuild that too). Doing an engine conversion you would have to be a true tragic nowadays and actively be aware there's better/smarter options for value.
    • Or buy one someone built earlier! (realistically V8 mustangs or MKV supras are great). I see people nowadays putting ZF8's into MK4's, and people putting 370z gearboxes, diffs, axles into R and S chassis and it's like.... just get a 370z at that point and mildly boost the 3.7 instead of the 2L and away we go...