SAU Community

R35 Rims And Tyres

SThuaux

Hi, Looking at Keeping the original rims and using the Dunlops for the track. Then getting a set of aftermarket wheels (e.g. BC forged rims in black) but not sure what size to get? potentialy get the 10.5s all round. Not sure what is will drive like having the wider tyres on the front? And then the question of which tyre? Will only be using for city driving so wondering if a good high performance street tyre will cut it to save a bit on cost? Has anyone used the falken 452 or Nitto INVO in the 285 X 20 X 30s (dont appear to be able to get 35s)? What else should I consider.....tmps sensor? Wheel height if not axactly the same as the stock? will this put the VCD or speedo out?

I looked at the Nitto INVO for road tyres but end up going the run flats OEM tyres. If you get a puncture with out the run flat it really stuffs you up, you can use the tyre foam filler stuff and have a small compressor to pump it back up but will stuff your TPMS in doing so. May save extra now but could cost you to be stuck on the side of the road or bugger a TPMS sensor to get home.

I took my TPMS out of the OEM rims and use them in my aftermarket wheels on the street. Dont really need the TPMS for track wheels,

i daily drive on 21" yokohama advans and have put my tpms in those - you can only pair one set of tpms at a time

i have used my stock wheels for some interstate road trips but the ride quality is so harsh on those runflats, especially coarse bitumen, i prefer to run the risk of a puncture and just carry a repair kit in my boot

whatever rim width and tyre size you go for, try to keep the rolling diameter same as stock, otherwise same percentage front to back (you dont want to go any further than 2-3% out). and yes, further the rolling diameter is out, the more your speedo will be out

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. I'm probably looking at going the aftermarket rims and keeping the same width all round to remove the diameter issue from front to back - that said from what I have researched you cant buy 285 X 35 x 20s..annoying, unless you stick with the run flats. Best option to maintain rolling diameter as stock is to put 275 X 35 x 20s all round which is less than 1% out. The only other option is to run 285 X 30 X 20s but you end up 4% out (pushing the boundary). As per Domino_z I think I will take the chance and use the Falken 452 and keep a repair kit in the boot.

Have you looked at the michellin super pilot sports? Seems to be the tyre of choice in the UK and some are running 285 square and others 275/ 305.

I currently have 285/315 Toyos on mine as that's what the car came with when I brought it. Good tyres in the dry but quite noisy on the road. Not so good in standing water and the wet.

Look at the UK GTR forum for more details

From what I have researched you don't seam to able to get 285 or even 275 in 20" wheels with a 35 profile.....only other option is I drop to a 19" or 18" rim but you still have issues wtih matching the rolling diameter?

From what I have researched you don't seam to able to get 285 or even 275 in 20" wheels with a 35 profile.....only other option is I drop to a 19" or 18" rim but you still have issues wtih matching the rolling diameter?

Michellin super pilot sports come in all the right sizes. Check out www.tirerack.com Highly recommend these as an aftermarket non-RFT tyre

These also look good

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3&frontTire=54WR0Z222&rearTire=835WR0Z222&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Nissan&autoYear=2011&autoModel=GT-R Premium&autoModClar=

Edited by Wardski

I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports 285/35/20" and 335/30/20" on 10"/12" wheels. (Less than 1% difference)

I am really impressed with them as an allround tyre, comfortable with plenty of grip.

Sounds like you've already decided on what you want.

Thanks all for the feedback,

Definitely not decided......can't work out what to do with either the rim or the tyre..???

I found a post from someone in the UK that used the TSW Nurburgring 10.5 Rim with the Michelin 285s all round, looks OK just not sure about fronts filling up more of the guard than the backs...?

Everyone you speak to tells you something different. I really like the BC forged concave Rim but told they may not be strong enough for sydney roads...pot hole and buckle easily...?

I like the sound of having the 12" under the rear but back to the issue of not being able to rotate the tyres?

You have given more to think about........much appreciated!

alot of people talking about the rs3

but i don't think they've been pushed hard on something as heavy as the r35 yet

I'm running them on my 1700kg Stagea, been a great tire so far but haven't had a chance to run them on the track yet.

I'd be surprised if I got more thank 20,000kms out of them though.

Does anyone know where I could pick up a set of stock match sized Rays VR G2 rims for the GTR? I'm thinking going down this path shortly

Hoping that 20x10J +30mm front and 20x11J +15mm rear will do the job :)

rays-volk-te37g2-005-540x360.jpg

Edited by Wardski

My current Bridgstone RE070s have seen the track once and just clicked over 10,000 with less than 30% left....this is why I'm motivated to get a set of street rims and alternative tyres!