SAU Community

Ways To Improve Response

vorse

car is stock as a rock with 77 thousand on the clock so it needs love

who does a decent stroker so i can do some research ?

Ok so then add another 10k as you need injectors, AFM, ECU, clutch, exhaust, oil cooler, radiators, ducting, brakes and then the labour to fit the turbos and fixing up the small bits along the way as well.

To go from stock car to a stroked 400krw track machine, that is reliable and actually consistently fast - 35k is the start point, and no, I'm not joking.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so then add another 10k as you need injectors, AFM, ECU, clutch, exhaust, oil cooler, radiators, ducting, brakes and then the labour to fit the turbos and fixing up the small bits along the way as well.

To go from stock car to a stroked 400krw track machine, that is reliable and actually consistently fast - 35k is the start point, and no, I'm not joking.

the plot thickens did the cooler my self already not sure on the state of the exhaust some sort of 5gine 5 inch tip

Yeah 5" at the end, might have a 2.5 restrictor in the middle (lots of Jap exhausts do) :thumbsup:

i was worried about this any brand i should be looking at to replace it or go custom made?

is there any advantage to using TI over normal stainless apart from weight

is the one inch for every 100 kw rule gosphel ?

dump pipe and exhaust manifold sizing ?

Oh whops...

400rwkw = 4" baby, and @ 4" you'll need to go custom and ensure it's tucked close as you can for height issues. Ti is just weight.

If you are going -5s stock manifolds are fine, as are the turbos as they come.

sweet i was going to price in a set of the tomei extreme 4 inch manifolds any idea what the dimensions on the stock ones are?

this is so good having all my questions answered :woot:

Oh whops...

400rwkw = 4" baby, and @ 4" you'll need to go custom and ensure it's tucked close as you can for height issues. Ti is just weight.

If you are going -5s stock manifolds are fine, as are the turbos as they come.

Any benefits of porting the stock manifolds? Just in the top end?

If you want better response, then the most cost effective way of doing this is swapping the exhaust manifold to a tuned length type with 1" runners. I have just done this conversion to my RB25 with GTRS turbo and the response is as good as the stock ceramic turbo, but I make more power everywhere (with over 255 rwkw at the top end).

R32Nismoid mentioned earlier in this thread about the 1" runners choking your top end power, that's nonsense - he clearly has no experience with this kind of manifold.

Speak to Nathan Weissel at O2 Autosports, his drift car has an RB26 with a big single, it runs one of these manifolds (albeit in twin scroll and with twin wastegates) that makes 424 rwkw and sees boost in the range you are looking for.

If you want better response, then the most cost effective way of doing this is swapping the exhaust manifold to a tuned length type with 1" runners. I have just done this conversion to my RB25 with GTRS turbo and the response is as good as the stock ceramic turbo, but I make more power everywhere (with over 255 rwkw at the top end).

R32Nismoid mentioned earlier in this thread about the 1" runners choking your top end power, that's nonsense - he clearly has no experience with this kind of manifold.

Speak to Nathan Weissel at O2 Autosports, his drift car has an RB26 with a big single, it runs one of these manifolds (albeit in twin scroll and with twin wastegates) that makes 424 rwkw and sees boost in the range you are looking for.

What turbo?

:rolleyes:

Nice try... But... Your entire comment is nonsense pal as this is what i said:

It's always interesting as the turbine housing is usually always where the restriction is, so promoting flow outta the head larger/smaller runners - would be interesting to see how much response you would actually get.

Yep clearly said 1" runners on the exhaust manifold would hurt top end :rolleyes:

What turbo?

And fuel

And the testing to show differences between runner types

etc etc.

^ and with good reason, making them response driven from the exhaust side maybe hurts too much in the top end?

That was the comment I was referencing in my above post, but maybe I was a bit harsh as you did put a question mark on the end.