SAU Community

W/end of speed

gtrken

OK peoples, done some preliminaries.

We will get a w/end of speed .

Goes like this ATM

Arrive in Collie bout 10am Sat , out to the track for a looksee around the circuit, some basic training and then proper timed laps.There will be flag marshalls , fire crew and ambo's.

After that we have 1/8 mile drags ( unfortunately only one at a time cos of insurances. )

We also have a ,ermm, motorkhana which allows for some free expression ( insert go nuts )

O/night dorm style with showers etc but bring own sleeping bag ( no , not your g/f stupid !! ) and pillow.

May even be a bar set up by then and the prices are reasonable I have been told.

Get up on Sunday and start all over again about 9.30 till we packup at about 3 pm to go home.

Am asking for late Nov , early Dec and price will be about $150 per head based on thirty people.

Will need names , numbers and deposits but will keep you informed as prices and dates are firmed up.

This is being done in conjunction with the Performance Forums guys so we can get the numbers

Ken

Mick

I was asked to put something together cos nobody else could be bothered. It's all done thru the new Motoring Southwest Car Club who control the Collie Powerhouse circuit

There is no profit in it for me, it just helps the club.

And it should be a good fun w/end :) :burnout: :pissed:

As I said , it is ABOUT $150 . Depends on what the club does re. day m/ship and insurances etc. Am going on what Phil ( club Prez ) said. Will know more details next week .

Ken

I'm a member of motorsing southwest. and have been in a weekend of speed with all fours.

I camped up there with a few friends.

They do club membership for $12/year

Insurance (cams lisence) is $30/day or $80/year (I think)

$150-200 sounds a little steep, but if there is full fire crew, flag marshalls and ambo's i guess it'd be close.

With allfours, we had open track all day saturday. To drift or put down fast times.

Had some burnouts later in the day.

Had a hillclimb on sunday.

Drags and motorkhana sound like fun.

btw I can get slicks and stock 16" wheels for about $50ea

keep me posted.

Originally posted by CMS Drifter

I'm a member of motorsing southwest. and have been in a weekend of speed with all fours.

I camped up there with a few friends.

They do club membership for $12/year

Insurance (cams lisence) is $30/day or $80/year (I think)

$150-200 sounds a little steep, but if there is full fire crew, flag marshalls and ambo's i guess it'd be close.

keep me posted.

CMS drifter

If your a member then why don't YOU organise it.

As I said , there's no money for me . These are the prices your Club Prez , Phil Boston emailed me. In fact he said today it may be more.

If you have a problem with the pricing , ask him.

Ken

Date looks to be November 16/17.

Need definite numbers by October 12 or it's canned .

Will also need deposit of 50% at same time.

Post your details if definite

Ken

Canned

Not enough interest and the usual Too from the PF guys and gals. Thats

Too far

Too soon

Too expensive

Too rough !! FFS

Too many exams

and a few more Too's I won't go intoo

Anyway , will prolly organise a one day track and expression session down there in the new year cos that was the only date avaliable till Xmas