SAU Community

Dvd Rom Unit Removal On Pnm35

M35

Can anyone tell me how to remove the navigation unit out. I've search everywhere here but could not find a thread on how to remove it. I got far as removing the glovebox out and the surrounding lower trims but the front lid and plastic surrounds seems to be all attached to the side vents. I dont want to break any plastic trim. Im replacing the unit with an aftermarket dvd player and keeping the old unit if I ever sell the car again. Any help appreciated thanks.

Pull from the left hand side of the trim out towards you. Pull the rubber that goes down by the door and get your fingers under the edge. It will lever at the dash end. When you lever the left out just far enough you will be able to unhook it from underneath the AC vent on the middle part of dash.

Why do you want to remove it. If you remove the dvd rom you will have trouble playing the dvd player up to the screen unless that is after market also

Thanks Brad, but is the tv tuner independent from the dvd rom? I need to remove it in place for the new dvd player. I got nowhere else to put it.

Pull from the left hand side of the trim out towards you. Pull the rubber that goes down by the door and get your fingers under the edge. It will lever at the dash end. When you lever the left out just far enough you will be able to unhook it from underneath the AC vent on the middle part of dash.

Why do you want to remove it. If you remove the dvd rom you will have trouble playing the dvd player up to the screen unless that is after market also

DVD rom, screen and TV tuner are all related.

The TV tuner signal runs through the DVD Rom and then to the Screen. The outputs from the DVD rom are not RCA or RGB so it is complicated.

If you remove the DVD rom you will loose all the current functions on the pop up screen.

The TV tuner has an AUX input. I would suggest you are better off connecting the DVD player via this input and finding a different mounting location for the unit. Maybe under the passenger seat.

DVD rom, screen and TV tuner are all related.

The TV tuner signal runs through the DVD Rom and then to the Screen. The outputs from the DVD rom are not RCA or RGB so it is complicated.

If you remove the DVD rom you will loose all the current functions on the pop up screen.

The TV tuner has an AUX input. I would suggest you are better off connecting the DVD player via this input and finding a different mounting location for the unit. Maybe under the passenger seat.

Ah! that make sense thanks guys for your input. Nothing is simple anymore with this car lol. I just added a pair of monitor built in the headrests and looking at where to mount the new dvd. It looks like the cargo hold maybe the only place to put it.