SAU Community

400M Drags

Rudi_ARX-TURBO

Damn, I am busy tomorrow, and it's too far to drive without e85 pumps at Wadonga and Goulburn. Hurry up United... I have some Sydney Stagea's to run...

Time for a tow bar, & a trailer mounted 1000l ethanol tank. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well while I'm down in brissy thought I'd take the 260rs down willowbank tonight for the streetmeet! It's stock as a rock and will give me a bench mark for mods :)

Yeah pretty dam happy, was stuck at 1.8 60 foots, any more revs just ment more wheel spin! I pretty confident that If I replace the air filter (still a jap spec on god knows how old! Front pipe and exhaust and a couple more psi it would do a 12

That was the best I could do! But happy I picked up a but over 1 mph since last time! Only mods where new air cleaner wheel alignment and up pipe from standard cat to standard dumps! Hopefully putting a new exhaust on will help at bit more and get me that 12, or wind the boost up a little :P

i might have another go, see what the intake pipe does on performance

Nice mate. Will be good to see how both our cars go. Can't wait

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• You have your numbers back to front. 350mm from wheel centre to guard lip would be scrapinly low and the suspension arms would be at spastic angles and it would have the road manners of a meth affected giraffe. You can down to ~450mm (from larger stock starting values about 50ish mm higher than that) before you start to create to many problems.
    • I think last I checked it was 35cm from fender to wheel center. I heard u can go up to 45-48cm before handling his impacted. But I need to check again. I know I was about 1.2 cm off being close to max recommended. 
    • You'd need to weld on an external gate to achieve that number though. I can't remember seeing anyone make 500hp at the wheels with the stock manifold / internally gated turbo.
    • Suspension Component Question Looking for some feedback based on people's experiences! I know this has been loosely covered in other threads but I can't find any direct answers/experience. I'm up for some bush/rod replacements and was interested in a hybrid approach between hardened rubber and pillowball kit. Why not choose one or the other? Well, this is for my daily driver, which I track once or twice a year. I like a stiff car and a sporty feel but I don't want to compromise the chassis too much with 100% pillowball gadgetry.  I know from experience and a tonne of reading that not all components affect ride quality in the same way - eg. in my case, coilover top mounts should be hardened rubber as pillowball transfers way too many undesirable qualities and doesn't have much more upside than a good hardened rubber. But, pillowball tension rods translate to much better turn-in/steering response and make the car significantly sharper, without negatively impacting ride quality in a significant way.  I'm not TOO bothered by NVH (to a degree). So, with context out of the way, does anyone have any experience with a hybrid approach as mentioned above? I'm going to replace all components over time so am seeking guidance on: - front tension rods - upper camber arms - rear lower control arm - rear traction rod - rear upper camber arm - rear toe adjuster rod  Secondly, is there any reason why this is a bad idea? Or any other info/wisdom that I might not be considering. Cheers 🫶
    • That's good to hear I'll stick with the stock I hear they are good for 500hp and I'm only shooting for 350-400 once I can get this thing sorted and get to actually building it.