SAU Community

Hks 2530 With Trust Extension Frontpipe On Awd Rb26/30

T51B1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of collecting parts for a AWD RB26/30, and just wondering if anyone has used the trust extension frontpipe with the conversion? I've got a BNR32 and a set of Trust extension frontpipes from a R33 or R34( not sure exactly, but I am 100% sure that the R32 O2 sensors don't fit and I will be getting some bushings to thread them in correctly).

I do not currently have these pipes fitted, I'm mainly trying to save myself from buying 400-600 dollars for a set of new turbo elbows or paying someone to fab a new set of downpipes. I have seen posted before that the R33/R34 frontpipes sit a little lower and that you can't run a R32 frontpipe on a R33/34 as it hits the floorboards. Is there any truth to this?

Just figured I would ask and see if anyone had tried it before. Thanks for any input or suggestions!

I have trust extension dumps on my raised deck rb26. If you install your RB30 10mm lower on the k-frame then they will fit, but you will need to chop and re-weld the y pipe a little.

The other side of it is though, I believe they are holding my engine back. A set of 3" midori dumps and a 3" to 3.5" front pipe would be a better option for any RB30 engine.

Thanks for the quick reply. :cheers:

I understand what you are saying about the split dump versus the large single dump. I can probably get a set of 76mm HPI dumps for a decent price, but I'm still stuck modifying the exhaust. Do any companies make or have available dumps for the 26/30? I tried multiple searches on google buy couldn't find much.

Many thanks for the info.

• Like 1

If you go custom, use pre-made 3" dumps and just get the Ypipe made custom.

Chopping up someone elses 3" to 3.5" system and adding a little material/altering the bend angles is easier and will cut down on fabrication time.

Many thanks for the replies.

I will probably do as you suggest and just have them alter the downpipe I currently have fitted and just buy a set of HPI 76mm dumps. A 70mm X 2 --->80mm equal length shouldn't have problems with flow should it?