SAU Community

Help With A Possible Earth Issue (Series 1 R33)

Hi guy's im new to this site, I have had a search but can't really find an answer to my problem.

So I got myself an r33 series 1 sedan, manual turbo.

I got it with a missfire on boost.

I have fitted new spitfire coil packs and tried different igniter and cas.

I have even replaced the cas plug as the wiring at the plug were exposed.

I took it into a tuner as the miss was still present, they checked over everything and said there is a earth missing at the rear of the intake.

I started stripping back the wiring to find the wire but thought I would check on another series 1 and see which direcrion the wire comes from.

I only checked 1 other car and it did not have the earth there either but series 2 do.

Mods are 550cc injectors, z32 afm, hypergear atr43, front mout and turbo back exhaust.

Was ran by a dr drift remap but I have fitted a brand new power fc due to a change in tuners.

The tuner told me he had the exact same miss with this earth missing but do series 1 have it?

what? so if the tuner knows what earth is missing why can't they just fix it? Normally the head f**k with issues is finding them, so what's the problem here?

Edited by superben

It has a miss/popping on boost.

I have replaced the coilpacks and tried a good cas and igniter.

All with no change to this issue.

Basically from 4500rpm on it misses but feels strange as soon as it starts making boost 3400ish rpm.

Strange as in it feels like it has more pull before it starts to make boost like it is pulling a ton of timing.

Im new to skylines so this issue has me scratching my head.

Does anyone have a series 1 in the west suburbs of melb that I could look at?

Is it a copper earth strap that gets bolted onto the intake manifold heat shield?

Hey, im interested in this too being an s1 owner.

I'm not sure about an intake manifold heat shield though, pics??

Joshman, i bought my car about a year ago and it already had an earthing kit on there so keep us informed please, :yes:

Thats what I thought to be honest.

But I spent all weekend checking the earths trying to find this one he was talking about.

I'll try another good z32 tonight and chrck the wiring to the afm.

Nah I got it cheap because it had this issue and I thought it would be an easy fix haha.

It has bcpr7es in it which are factory gaped to .8mm.

The problem started since the intake manifold was removed and refitted so I will rip the intake off again this weekend to make sure it is sealed.

The vacuum was good but it has gone a bit crap lately.

Was 20inhg now its around 12-15inhg.

Nah I got it cheap because it had this issue and I thought it would be an easy fix haha.

It has bcpr7es in it which are factory gaped to .8mm.

The problem started since the intake manifold was removed and refitted so I will rip the intake off again this weekend to make sure it is sealed.

The vacuum was good but it has gone a bit crap lately.

Was 20inhg now its around 12-15inhg.

So you bought it with an existing issue that started once the inlet manifold was removed, and rather than check that straight away you create a vague thread about the issue.... Seriously dude, why start the thread, check the f**king inlet manifold like you thought was the problem all along.

I started the thread to find out if this earth at the rear of the intake manifold should be there, which from what I have seen is only on series 2.

If vacuum is good and you can't find a leak would yiu remove the intake manifold on an rb25?