SAU Community

Dropping Revs When Holding Constant Throttle

Hi Guys,

Got a little problem i can't seem to figure out why, I've tried to search around but i cant seem to find why this is happening.

When i hold the throttle down to a constant position (any position) e.g 2,000rpm, the car drops revs, as if it is about to turn off but then goes up again, not that dramatic but it drops from 2,000 to about 1,800rpm for a second or two and then goes back up, and keeps repeating, tried it at higher revs e.g. 5,000rpm, still the same thing.

happens alot when im driving too, because of holding the throttle in 1 position. even if its at 50km\80km\120km. However, if i push the throttle all the way down or 3/4 it does not jerk\drop revs.

Engine light is not on.
Doesn't seem to be fuel, because when i push the throttle all the way down it should happen during that period.

anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Regards,
Nick.

Replaced sparkplugs and coilpacks, and no, it's manual.

any other ideas? Saw something online about TPS could it be that by any chance?

TPS is definetly a likely possibility, could be something as simple as a dirty throttle body. Do you have any way of checking your car for error codes?

TPS is definetly a likely possibility, could be something as simple as a dirty throttle body. Do you have any way of checking your car for error codes?

I'll have a look at the throttle body tomorrow, I might be able to have access to an automotive shed that has a snap on, but i dont think it has the right key(chip) that i need.