SAU Community

huge dilemma

Hi guys, need a bit of help on this. I've got 2 options basically:

1. Get a cheap r32 gts4, transplant a 2.8stroked rb26 with 2530s and support systems.

2. A minimally modded (intake,exhaust) r32 gtr with about 140ks.

Which one would u choose and why?

What other differences are there between a r32gtr and r32gts4 apart from the engine? I know the gts4 is lighter and apparently the gearbox has a shorter ratio. Can u tell me some more?

Thanks tremendously

hawks, actually over here #1 will be the cheaper option by about 10-15k our money=divide by around 2.5 to get NZD.

yeah,definitely will change gearbox.

Does the gts4 have attessa-ets?

can i put a r33 vspec attessa into it? or would it cost too much?

Cheers

how much do you think a stroked rb26 with bigger turbo's will set you back? (including the cost of the conversion, and support systems).

at the end of the day option # 1 will still be a gts-4. so you wont have the decent brakes, seats, flared gaurds, different atessa system etc. and you will also have poorer resale value.

hawks, ive got a running fairly good condition gts4 at 45k and a 2.8Lrb26 with hks2510s around 15k, labour will be max around 3k.Planning for r33 brakes, support will cost round 10-15k.

r32 gtrs here valued at 100-120k depending on mods + condition.

Looking at a bargain one at 85k (mild mods). Still, it's a gtr :rofl: but im not that happy to spend another 20+k to get it to around 550-600bhp where i want it

okay, put it this way. i'll give you the example in aussie dollars.

option #1 gts-4 approx $15-20 grand

stroked rb26 with larger turbo's and box and fuel system, exhaust, brakes, labour etc approx $20 grand

option # 2 a decent r32 gtr maybe with a few basic mods $35 grand

at the end of the day you could have either a modified gts-4 worth about $20 grand or a gtr. i would take the gtr thanks.

basically its a toss up between a gts4 with 4wd, 550-600bhp, suspension, and other trimmings + money in the bank or a r32 gtr that is stock and may need a bit of maintenance work(done 140k) but then it's a GTR!!......still quite hard to solve this dilemma....

Hi guys, need a bit of help on this. I've got 2 options basically:

1. Get a cheap r32 gts4, transplant a 2.8stroked rb26 with 2530s and support systems.

2. A  minimally modded (intake,exhaust) r32 gtr with about 140ks.  

Which one would u choose and why?

What other differences are there between a r32gtr and r32gts4 apart from the engine? I know the gts4 is lighter and apparently the gearbox has a shorter ratio. Can u tell me some more?

Thanks tremendously

Gobiz;

What do you want the car to do? Street cred/drag/cct race/motorkhana/daily driver or something else altogether?

the gts4 has the same attesa system as the GTR. the differences are the brakes, flared guards, interior is different, wheels, engine, gearbox is same box weaker in GTS-4. and thats about it, i have a 4 door GTS-4 so it looks like a normal everyday car ( sleeper ).

:(

Yeah, and you'll never get over the look on the guys face in the GTR at the drag strip after you leave him in your wake of your $20k GTS4.

Who cares if its gts4 or gtr or gts-t for that matter, if its a skyline with a rb26 and 2530's, it will haul, end of story.

Any skyline deserves respect.

I was under the impression that the GTS4 had the exact same box as a GTR. Can someone tell me how they know it's weaker?

You are right, the gearboxes are absolutely identical, ratios and all. The R32 GTS4 with the RB20 has the different lower gear ratios. The R33 GTS4 is the same as all the GTRs.

I looked at this GTS4 vs GTR thing myself a while back, it is a tough decision. At the end I suppose it depends on what you really want. If you want a GTR, only the real thing is going to satisfy that......

But if you want a great sleeper, a GTS4 with stock four stud wheels and stock on the outside would make a great street sleeper. You are a lot less likely to have it vandalised or stolen as well.