SAU Community

V36 Tyres?

Just buy the very best your budget will afford.

Michelin will be good, so will Pirelli, dunlops, continentals, then you have the next tier down, like kuhmos, hankooks, etc, before you reach bottom ling long china spec which really don't rate a mention if your after a decent tyre.

what size you need?

I have some Hankook Evo V12 225/40/18 and 245/40/18 and they are amazing. Brand new, i had a set in 19" and wow the thread life, grip, wet grip were amazing. Almost as good as Michelin Power Sport 2 which are 2x price.

Where do you live? I have the set for $800 obo

I'm growing a little tired of our Australian market not considering our tyre sizes to be within their minimum volume requirements. Given the specifications from Nissan, it'd be nice to have the correct spec tyres to suit. It's actually tempting to consider buying them from the US.

My continental tyres corner at a higher G in the wet than the hankook evos can manage in the dry on the same car....

Thanks for the link, interesting.

I now run the RS3 and my mate uses them in the Time attack series, as do alot of other competitors.

If they can handle springbrook and mt nebo they can handle daily driving for a sedan !

My point was when comparing to other tyres in the same price bracket they are amazing tyres.

2 reviews

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-0904-hankook-ventus-v12-evo-k110-tire-review/

Came 2nd in a 10 tyre shoot out

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/hankook-ventus-v12-evo-page-10

Even the RS3s aren't a real semi slick. They are in the same boat as federal RSR, KU 36, to some extent AD08. They are a ling long (see what I did there....:P) way off real semis like Z221, A048, R888/NT01.

Anyway, too off topic now, buy the best your budget will allow!

Even the RS3s aren't a real semi slick. They are in the same boat as federal RSR, KU 36, to some extent AD08. They are a ling long (see what I did there.... :P) way off real semis like Z221, A048, R888/NT01.

Anyway, too off topic now, buy the best your budget will allow!

Yes off topic haha, my point was for the money the hankook evo v12 are alot of tyre for the price. Esp if u pick them up new for what im selling !!! :)

PN-Mad, i agree most of the time with what you say and always hope you will help me with my turbo issues ! but no way RSR, KU36 or 888 are close to RS3, they are destroyed on the track. RS3 are on par with AD08, Z221, i dont know what A048 is, RE11 is the only one i would say outperforms them in that group. I wasted hours and hours reading experiance based racing threads on the use of RS3 Vs Z221 Vs RE11 Vs AD08. That friend i was talking about, 58sec lake side Evo 8 swears by RS3, alot of the guys in time attack use them. But back to topic, let me know if i can help out with the tyres ! :)

Edited by R6n350GT

Wouldnt the plce be boring if we all agreed all the time....!

Check the wear UTQG. They aren't soft tyres. They aren't a proper r compound. I'll leave it there.

• Like 1