SAU Community

Attempted Skyline Theft

GTS R33

Hi Guys,

Just letting everyone know my Skyline was attempted stolen at Westfield North Lakes carpark today around 1pm. Witnesses have come forward and forensics are coming for prints (there are nice ones on the window where they got in)

Now to find a whole new ignition barrel and basically a whole steering assembly as they snapped all plastic and controls.

Hope they get whats coming to them!!!

Also a shout out to William from North Lakes & Districts Towing private tow operator, this guy is a champion call out in 10 minutes and flat rate $88/hr, I recommend this guy for anyone who needs a tow Northside Brisbane.

Here are his details: http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/north-lakes-and-districts-towing/north-lakes

Yes alarm system and immobiliser system, saved it cos they couldn't start it, funny thing is they didnt steal the $1000 sound system, GPS, dash cam, prestige personalised plates or any tools that were in the car

dunno if i should fix and keep or fix and sell cos i dont want it to keep happening

yeah long time no see, been down here about 3yrs, have no time for cruises anymore, busier lifestyle down here 85URK

Since you are near me pop past. I can sort the column and rekeying the car will be easy as well. Done plenty.

May pay to see if I can steal it as well.

^this right here, if he can make it run/ steal it anyone who knows what they're doing can, lucky break though in the fact they a) didn't get to steal the car and b) didn't pinch anything. Really makes me rethink ownership of a fabulous car all because a few c**ts who obviously can't afford their own want to steal them.

if they tried a basic hot wire would it be possible for me to disable (with remote) the alarm/immobiliser and touch the wires together and it start? unless they have stuffed my immobiliser in the process as my car chirps and central locking is active still?

Edited by GTS R33

Ok I am going to do something I usually do not do..

To take one of these cars for a ride you need to get past the column lock. Hammer or a crowbar is fine for that.

Then you need to get power on . Screwdriver works there once you destroy the key lock you twist to switch and you have a car .

Now if someone has done the job properly the the alarm and paging unit has triggered and the owner is on the way out with a baseball bat. If not the then the alarm wiring gets ripped out and the siren smashed. Then the car is gone.

All of this takes about 3-4 minutes max to do..

Have your attention yet?

I highly recommend you swing past Chris. I attended one of his security nights and it is amazing how fast someone who knows what they are doing can have them started even with a 'professionally' installed alarm/immobiliser.

if they tried a basic hot wire would it be possible for me to disable (with remote) the alarm/immobiliser and touch the wires together and it start? unless they have stuffed my immobiliser in the process as my car chirps and central locking is active still?

Depends how the job was done. If it was me, nope. No amount of button pressing would stop the car.

That's no good at all.

By any chance are you a staff member that parks basically in the same spot down the woollies end out the front????

Might be a random question, but whenever I come over to the shop to do groceries etc probably 3 times a week I too always park at that end and there is always the same white 33 in the same spot. Sad to think but if it is you maybe they have been thinking about it for a while.

I got rego make and model of the offenders vehicle, am I allowed to post it on here?

Forensics have come around today and got all the prints and will be running checks. Now I can explore it seems no wires have been cut/stripped, just the ignition barrel and plastics. Maybe the alarm spooked them or they had no real idea what they were doing??? There is so many wires behind steering column its not funny. Westfield is going over footage to get images of car and trace back to people inside. If they have entered the shopping centre they will be on camera.

Depends on what R33 you mean PHT34 - there are a few regulars, i park Woolies area always but not always same spot, prob was me you are thinking of as i havent seen the other regulars for months (maybe theirs have been stolen)