SAU Community

Frequency Expander Question

hi all,

firstly i did try to search for my answer but couldnt find it. i am a proud new owner of a pv35 6spd man sedan 350gt! if i install a frequency expander on the factory bose radio, will the display actually show 101.9 for example? cheers!

cool, thats what i thought would be the case..... just wanted to make sure....one more question, does it add another 20MHz to the range, or does it simply shift the entire range up by 20MHz?

shift it up

While we are on the subject, does everyone else have crap reception?

Only station I can consistently pick up is WSFM.

Triple J has horrible reception and is mostly some/mainly static. Sometimes on that (equivalent of 105.7) It get over ridden by what sounds like the TV braodcast. As if the unit is getting confused and starts putting the audio from ABC or something (like the news ect) when going through certain spots

Anyone else experiencing similar/ solution

Is it possible to get some kind of booster ect that may help or waste of money seeing as these cars dont have a proper aerial?

shift it up

While we are on the subject, does everyone else have crap reception?

Only station I can consistently pick up is WSFM.

Triple J has horrible reception and is mostly some/mainly static. Sometimes on that (equivalent of 105.7) It get over ridden by what sounds like the TV braodcast. As if the unit is getting confused and starts putting the audio from ABC or something (like the news ect) when going through certain spots

Anyone else experiencing similar/ solution

Is it possible to get some kind of booster ect that may help or waste of money seeing as these cars dont have a proper aerial?

Our aerials need 12v power. If you have a aftermarket head unit, wire the aerial wire from the factory loom (blue) to 12v+ acc power.

thats exactly what i was about to buy from ebay, that exact one! that the right choice?

I've got a 20MHz one - I find it easier for my old brain to add 20 to the displayed frequency, rather than 18. I don't miss any stations that I actually want to listen to, so I'm happy all around.