SAU Community

Today Tonight - "Hoon's"

BenA31

Has anyone seen the advertisment on TV with a preview of whats comin up on Today tonight (i think this coming monday night) about how the cops are tackling the hoons on the road?

Whats the bet that they are gonna portray some ridiculous story claiming everyone with hotted up cars including Imports are causing danger and chaos. No doubt that there is some crazy shiet at nights on the roads like the organised street drags. But i hate it how the mojority of all the car community are gonna get more stereotyped cause of stupid publicity and stories like this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i seen the add but i'm guessing it's a bunch of people who are "very cool" in their commonwhores, but still this makes people think that everyone with decent car is a hoon and races around doing burnouts, i too hate it how the modified car community and going to get more sterotyped because of a few people who act like dickheads.

either this is a repeat or very similar to a few previous stories....

'rate your driving out of 10' 'ehhhhh 11...'

then this obnoxious driving instructor puts them through tests which prove little about their road safety. bah!

i have the video somewhere on my computer.

If it has Ian Luff again, ill watch it just to see him rip the handbrake on a poor unsuspecting driver as they are doing a slalom run, then scream in their ear "what are you doing...spin, spin, spin ...your out of control!" ...true story

meh, it'll just the usual 6 monthly story because Today Tonight cant come up with any new stories.

You'll notice this with that program, it's on i reckon a 6 month rotation.

It'll probably be the same story and same 4 year old footage we've seen time and time again

meh, it'll just the usual 6 monthly story because Today Tonight cant come up with any new stories.

You'll notice this with that program, it's on i reckon a 6 month rotation.

It'll probably be the same story and same 4 year old footage we've seen time and time again

Yeah i'd have to agree with ya on that. Thou it shits me when old people see these reports and when they hear a car with a slightly louder exhaust then normal drive past and think - "oooh theres another one of those illegal street racers up to trouble again", ahh ****em all. and **** authority.

I'm pretty sure its footage of a bust they had on some street drags in tullamarine the other week. A very organised bust by the sounds of it, suck shit to all those who were caught.

Maybe i can pick up a cheap modded crummydore at the auctions for some bush bashing.

yeh near the airport thursday night last week there was a huge bust, set up cameras everywhere apaprently there was alot of footage taken and all..I guess that is what they will present on the show..Cars got impounded and heard every person down there got a yellow canary

Cars got impounded and heard every person down there got a yellow canary

I hate yellow canaries... they're worse when they come in that green or pink colour... damn birds :jk:

Today Tonight and that short midget presenter... run out of stories again.

In tulla?

lol, must have been at the usual spot around the corner from me. Good luck to the coppers.

They fighting a battle they'll never win, everyday there is another person getting theri license who doesnt give a toss about them.

Yeah i'd have to agree with ya on that. But thing is, that all the old folks out there won't realise that and this only fuels thier support to complain when they hear a car with a slightly louder exhaust then normal drive past and think - "oooh theres another one of those illegal street racers up to trouble again"

Guess i have this thing against the media and the governement and how they target import and performance cars. They are all out to get us. LoL

get used to it. It'll never change.

TT is not about telling the story, its about getting ratings, and it doesnt matter who they slander in the process

They always advertise these things in the hope that people will tune in to see them.

I'll put money on it, that it wont be aired until Thursday or Friday night, as the last story.

All of a sudden they will find other things that are actually "news worthy", and we'll get given the good old line of "due to our other stories, we don't have time to air this one tonight, but stay tuned in tomorrow and you'll see it then"

Then they put it off for another 3 days :P

**snore**

Ash it was in Tulla man

My girlfriend and her friend where at the drags and the cops blocked everyone in and then all the news crews, choppers etc.. came down so it will be on this week.

It happened not last thursday that just passed, the thursday before... funny enough there where no drags last thursday

The Tulla drags have been going on for a long time, its across the road from the Honda plant. down Sharps Road.

Used to visit on occasion. But not anymore cops there all the time now, drags are held every thursday night, and if cops come everyone scrams to the next drag spot which is near cambellfield macca's and if cops come again its off to Laverton.

Heh, well this time it seems the cops grew a braincell or two. They have set up posts with camera's on top of near by buildings and they record everything. Anyone doing burnouts or dragging in these spots are sure to get a fine in the mail.

Guest INASNT
The Tulla drags have been going on for a long time, its across the road from the Honda plant. down Sharps Road.

Used to visit on occasion. But not anymore cops there all the time now, drags are held every thursday night, and if cops come everyone scrams to the next drag spot which is near cambellfield macca's and if cops come again its off to Laverton.

Heh, well this time it seems the cops grew a braincell or too. They have set up posts with camera's on top of near by buildings and they record everything. Anyone doing burnouts or dragging in these spots are sure to get a fine in the mail.

Dont give away all the information on a public board :D

They always advertise these things in the hope that people will tune in to see them.

I'll put money on it, that it wont be aired until Thursday or Friday night, as the last story.

All of a sudden they will find other things that are actually "news worthy", and we'll get given the good old line of "due to our other stories, we don't have time to air this one tonight, but stay tuned in tomorrow and you'll see it then"

Then they put it off for another 3 days :(

**snore**

Beat me to it.