SAU Community

Gtr 33 Fuel Pump Suggestions ?

smidy

Hi all,

Was guna put this in forced induction section but preferred to speak with all the local guru's about this.

Just landed a gtr 33 v-spec and fuel pump was workin in Japan but not now in oz?? There is power to the pump but no go.

Could I get some advice on price to replace the standard in tank pump or down the track when chasing more horsies , would I be better to get a good aftermarket one done now and what other stuff would I need like regulators? AFM?programable ecu? etc if I go down the track of aftermarket stuff as everything else is standard with the gtr. Guna talk to Richard at all star when I get a chance but previous experience and input from others would also be greatful!!

Thanks

Edited by smidy

Just put an aftermarket pump in it now. Decide which one by how much horsepower you'll be after in the future.

You won't need to change anything to fit it. Maybe a few small mods to get it to fit in the cradle but that's it.

old days people use bosch in tank pump, as long as you can get fuel pump to sits in the bracket and connects to both fuel hoses.

see pics of original fuel pump+bracket:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/134596-photo-sock-orientation-r33-fuel-pump-needed-please.html

if you are cheap and going with walbro pump, you might need to do 14v re-wiring for safety.

Edited by japtaxi

if you are cheap and going with walbro pump, you might need to do 14v re-wiring for safety.

I went with walbro pump but only 255l/hr does this need rewiring??

Have been told it is just a straight swap no rewiring or modifying in tank brackets ?

walbro 255 supports 12V

bosch 044 is not an intank pump. its external and is bloody noisy.

for most apps, walbro 255 is enough. get 2 if u need :D then u'll need a surge tank. Sard's 2L one is really pretty and neat. just make sure u add/replace the gasket that they give u. after that u might wanna look at an aftermarket fuel rail and fuel lines... crimped connectors with kevlar lines, aeroquip or earls

Great thanks m8, bit clueless to tech specs and haven't even seen the pump as car still gettin complied and I'm 1000km away at work! just tryin to do me best to organise it on a phone!

Yeah plenty of ideas of modifications to come in the future that's for sure, at this stage just wana get behind tha wheel and enjoy...

common bosch installs are to put the 040 intank...

Note: this is not my image, just pinched it for illustration purposes...

please dont use zip ties, although probably effective you'd be much better going with some pipe clamps...

post-65079-12680398496678_thumb.jpg