SAU Community

Vct External Oil Feed

PSI086

Done a bit of searching but couldn't find an answer. Just wondering if you need to run a restrictor in the external vct oil feed on a 25/30? If so what size will it need to be? I've currently got it plumbed up with a -4 feed

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey i see it's an old feed, but I'm doing the 25/30 conversion ATM and with regards to the external line to feed vct my 25 block doesn't have a restrictor. So why are people restricting it? I have the neo head also

With neo head no restrictor for vct is required.

good to know. I assume you just tap the external feed into the gallery above where you blocked it off under the head? are you running VCT on yours ben?

good to know. I assume you just tap the external feed into the gallery above where you blocked it off under the head? are you running VCT on yours ben?

Definitely running vct. You would be mental to not!

Tapping is basically the same as a non neo, like shown in the guide.

I got it welded a bit before drilling so there was more meat for the thread.

I put it in the same place as non neo, and used a 90 degree fitting. Space is tight but I think now that I could have put it in a better spot to not need the 90 degree fitting.

When you look at the head it's pretty obvious where the gallery is.

Remember it looks like there's lots of space untill you put the cam gear backing plate back on....