SAU Community

The Last Of Us - Ps3

It's been out for a few weeks now, but I'm wondering who's played "The last of us" and what they thought of it?

It took me 3 days of playing and i finished the game and i gotta say that i loved every minute of it. It is probably the best game I've ever played on the PS3.

The graphics for PS3 are outstanding, the game play is fantastic and what really makes this game great is the story, acting and characters. If you have a PS3....then get this game!!!

Thats pretty much what ive been hearing aswell. Will have to buy it one day. Is it multiplayer by any chance? Im not a huge fan of these types of games (story games) where you pass it within a day or so and thats your $60-$90 spent. Although this one sounds like it might be worth it :)

Well I just hired it from the video shop for 3 nights, Cost me $10, and now I'm buying it tomz. $70 odd is the best price i could find. I'm a big fan of story based games and a bit OCD.... so I will go back over the various difficulty levels to complete the shit out of it! So i'll get my moneys worth. ;)

There is multiplayer, but i gave up as it timed out numerous times when i tried to connect. I think it was due to popularity and flooding that i couldn't connect. Really with the story line and gameplay this great, I didn't care about on-line play. It really is a great movie that you play as the lead role.

YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!

I was going to start a thread on it but didn't think there'd be many forum members interested.

The OP pretty much explained everything.

I didn't know what to expect from it -

Story, gameplay, soundtrack, sound effects, graphics; they are all excellent.

For those hesitating, watch the prologue gameplay on YouTube and I guarantee you'll be wanting to play it.

I haven't been this hooked on a game since the first MGS.

Unlike most publishers who are afraid to risk it and will only produce sequels on existing franchises/IPs this late in a console's life, Naughty Dog have proven that it can work. There's a good reason it's been the number one selling game of 2013, despite only being available on the one platform - at least until GTAV.

The multiplayer is really fun and requires a lot of cooperation with your team. A headset is very helpful. You don't get the CoD type of crowd, which is always a plus. But it stays true to the campaign style of gameplay.

I cannot emphasize my recommendation for playing this game. Go and buy it, right now!

...what are you waiting for? f**king go already!

I just finished Single Player. Multi is alright but I tend to get butt-raped pretty hard.

I've never had a game pull me in with emotion and attachment as well as this did. Honestly the greatest game I've ever played, and I've been gaming for almost 20 years.

Honestly, my only criticism for this game is... all my other games seem kind of shit now :/

Easy is too easy. Hard difficulty is the way to go. Makes this game that much more intense.

Let us know when you finish it. I couldn't put the controller down when I was playing it.

Just love the stealth aspects of this game. Hiding away and taking down one by one the soldiers/infected whether I make it quick or nice and slow hehe

Reminds me of walking dead but playing the story yourself and really becoming involved, especially with the characters along the way you meet.

Like everyone else said, been a while since I played a great game that I was satisfied with.

Yep Hard setting is the way to go. I'm still OCD'ing the shit out of it now.

I'm still doing the hard level then on to Survivor mode....with no listening!

When I get back to Aus I'll be having a crack at survivor.

Hard was hard enough WITH listening mode, can't imagine playing it without.

As if they remove it for survivor! You'd have to actually learn what the AI do and approach each section with a lot of patience.

I'm slowing getting through this game.

The storyline is awesome...typical Naughty Dog and the graphics are really really good...Like what most people have been saying that is one of the games that is pushing the PS3 to its limit.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet

So what's everyone's thoughts on a sequel? (obviously without giving the ending away)

1. F#$k yeah, they have to do another

2. Nahhh, it was all wrapped up.