SAU Community

Problem With 03 V35 Nats Anti Theft System

Hey SA,

My car has been acting strange recently. It would lock and unlock itself without me pressing the key, it would lock me out and I wouldn't be able to unlock it with the key fob. This happened once before and all that needed to be done was to place a new battery in the key fob. I tried that again this time, but for some reason when I try to start the car, it cranks but doesn't turn over. I also noticed the red light on the dash stays red when I rotate the key to the ON position, right before start.

Any help would be enormously appreciated guys...my cars parked at westfields until I can figure this out.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Might want to clarify what you mean by "it cranks but doesn't turn over" - cranking generally means that the starter is turning the engine - ie turning over. Do you mean "cranks but won't start"?

Edited by GeeDod

The NATS system is usually independant of the central locking. NATS uses a chip in the key head and a reader in the ignition barrel. So for some reason it isn't reading the chip in the key head, or the chip isn't registered in NATS. Is it the only key you have? If you have another key, try that one.