SAU Community

shipping problems

Drivebai

a melbourne importer had a body shell off a 98 prelude 9 weeks ago in a container the japanese had left the front struts hanging in the shell customs declared it a car and told him to re export or scrap it ,off it went to the crusher they are getting very strict so stay with the game plan or lose it

Steve

http://www.justjap.com

HEy Guys,

YEAh thanks for the advice.. i know my friend isnt doing a shifty.. i signed the import approval thing, like about 5 weeks ago, and we got it back approved about 2 weeks ago, so i'm not concerned about that i'm more concerned about this shipping problem...

i have to call him later to see if he got that Bill of Lading thing...

He has another car that has landed for another customer and that came without any hassles just my car is taking soooo long...

Once the ship lands, what other problems can come...

Do you know how much it cost to register the car??? being the first time its registered etc... and why did they have to do everything twice?

i thought that compliancing was usually enough... the car i'm getting is pretty much stock.. so shood i have any major problems?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

HEy All, Well my car finally came in....

however the radio and gear knob got stolen.. is there anything i can do about this? i mean insurance wise or is it just not worth the hassle it was an Addzest CD/MD double din, it looked pretty good though.... the BARSTARDS!!!!!.. the car is getting complied at the moment also can anyone offer some advice on registration? how do i go about getting the Blue slip, and how long will this take? i'm not sure what to do.. what are the steps to registration?.. i know i gotta get greenslip.. but after compliance, what do i do???

thanks

I doubt that there is anything you can do about the theft. Theft is quite common on ships from what I understand. You can ask the shipping company to see if they cover it though.

After the car is complied it will need a blue slip, weigh bridge ticket, green slip and rego. Talk to your compliancer and they should be able to help you with the afters. The company who complied my car even did the blue slip and the weigh bridge ticket then sent me the paperwork so I could register it and drive it home from the shop.

Don't forget to get an incurance cover note before you drive it too.

:)

hey A31_Cefiro

thanks mate, so when the compliancer got the compliance plates put on.. he did blue slip and all that for you?? what do you mean send you the paper work? did you drive it away the same day they put the plates on? didnt you still have to go to the RTA to register it? what do they do with regards to number plates?

How long to get it on road after they put the cpliance plates on?

while waiting for the compliance plates is there anything i can do to speed up the process of registration?

sorry about all the questions thanks