SAU Community

shipping problems

Drivebai

Hi guys,

I'm getting a 94 R33 GTST imported from japan through a friend,

however he tell mes that the ship will leave september 25 and arrive in Sydney in November 1st that is like 6 weeks away normally the ship takes about 2 weeks to get here... i trust my friend but he is just getting info from his supplier so i think the supplier sounds a lil dodgy what do you think?

also i rang the ports and they tell me that it sounds weird and they they didnt have any ships leaving Kobe ( port where my car is at) on the 25th and no ship leaving there is scheduled to arrive on Nov 1st.. i speak to my friend i think he's getting annoyed with me haslling him all the time but i'm really concerned and it annoys me that my friend doesnt seem all that concerned or maybe i'm just a bit paranoid.. he just says he trust his supplier and hes imported heaps of cars b4 but i just dont want my car to be the first one he gets with a problem. what should i do?

i cant find out anymore.. they tell me one thing then i chase it up and the people at the sydney port say there is no ship coming at that date.

What do you guys think? 6 weeks is along time to be on a ship.

6 weeks is possible if your car is coming from Hokkaido. If its Kobe I doubt it would be 6 weeks. I have imported two cars myself and they took 3 weeks from tokyo.

you should:

1) find out which port its leaving from

2) find out the name of the shiping company

3) find out the actual ships name

4) call up the actaul company here and confirm

most of the shipping companies or at least the port authorities here should know if the ship is coming. If no one knows any of these details then it sounds dodgy to me.

Thanks guys for replying,

YEahi got an import approval approved last week,

i'm trying to find out the details now but the dude i'm going thru doesnt know yet either cos, he says his supplier organises everything about shipping and then send the bill to him, so i guess i'll have to wait until he gets the shipping bill emailed to him and then it will have the details of the ship etc.

He told me the company is the mitsui osk line, and the ship's name is planet ace, but he got that confused with another car he was bringing in.. so he's not sure what ship my car is on all he nows and its already on a ship... good to see he's organised.

I guess there's not much more i can do from my end, if i dont know the name of the ship or anything,

hopefully everything goes well.

i'll keep u posted when i find out more... still sounds dodgy that no one knows anything about the ship, port etc.... they told me it left Kobe, but they could have got that confused with the other car as well...

Its probably leaving from Osaka port, they leave every month, if you have just missed the last ship then you will wait a month and then it takes around 17 days, thats if they don't stop in Malaysia, singapore, and also remember new cars have preference.

6 weeks is very possible , be carefull who pisses in your pocket, everyone's a expert

Steve(MR-GTR)

yes most of the cars from kobe are in freezer containers leaving every wednesday they should have the b/l copy as these are issued 2 days after sailing i would find out because if you dont have the documents get ready for a good storage bill.

listen to Mr Gtr everyone is expert be carful

Steve

http://www.justjap.com

thanks for the reply,

I think he's getting the Bill of lading number tonite, and then he's going to enquire with the freight ppl what the name of the ship is etc, well if he's got a Bill of lading number then doesnt that mean that its on the ship? cos they wouldnt charge him if they didnt have details of the car etc.. , but still 6 weeks on the boat seems a bloody long time!... and i still dont know the name of the shipping company or the boat all i know is they tell me its schedule to arrive in Sydeny on the 1st of November 6 BLOODY WEEKS!!!!

thanks for your help any more suggestions will be appreciated

stay tuned folks

I am in Japan right now i started loading containers 3 weeks ago of which the first arrives next week the only way it takes 6 weeks is transhipment this is very strange as most r/o r/o boats are direct the b/l will have shiper shipping company depature date etc all on it .

Good luck now you just have to get it complied and registered in nsw great fun trust me.

So if your mate is telling the truth he does not need to call anyone as the bill of lading will tell all.

Steve

http://www.justjap.com

Just a word of warning to everyone, do-not say you have plates waiting for you or a freind is doing a shifty or you know a person who does this etc , etc,.

The Federal office of road safety (FORS) is now monoting this very forum. They now have a Task force in action as we speak, they deregistered a car on the Gold Coast a month ago and now Customs has seized it, its bound for the crusher. shifty compliance and shifty engineer.

don't be stupid and have a big mouth, you will bring on some bad things for your self.

It was infact a 94 Surf, back dated to get it through, after cancelling the compliance they deemed it an illegal entry, (it was after eligability ran out on surfs) customs deemed it smuggling. seized it at the car lot, Steve is right you have a option, his I believe export + $13000 fine for smuggling contraband, or crush and $6000 fine + $900 bill "recycling fee"

Thats the final verdict from the powers to be. Its a well known yard on the coast.

NOT HAPPY JAN !!!!!!!!

They got onto it on Automotive forums I believe, just a comment in a thread somewhere.