SAU Community

Mugabetown - Whoretownin' At It's Worst.

t5iv

Almost there......so annoying attempting to do the car around shift work. Mazda threw in one more awesome trick. The turbo has a nice little support underneath (must be because the turbo is so massive *cough*) so I need a 300mm extension bar so I can undo the 12mm bolt holding it in place. The exhaust and front transmission is well placed to make it even harder to manage.

Then all the new stuffs can go on!

post-1182-0-99016400-1392329352_thumb.jpg

Almost there......so annoying attempting to do the car around shift work. Mazda threw in one more awesome trick. The turbo has a nice little support underneath (must be because the turbo is so massive *cough*) so I need a 300mm extension bar so I can undo the 12mm bolt holding it in place. The exhaust and front transmission is well placed to make it even harder to manage.

Then all the new stuffs can go on!

Welcome to the world of modding where you will most likely have to buy special tools (or make your own) to carry out your turbo upgrade.

Also,

Is labdirect.com.au one of your direct competitors?

What do you need courage for Pete? Just have a big skull of scotch or something...

No harder job than timing belt right? Or am I missing something?

I'm actually trying to figure out if i need to take off the timing belt completely, or just undo the gears and put the new ones in in place, (assuming the timing belt etc is brand new, that's another thing) or if that's going to mess up the tension on the belt.

Long story short i don't have the tools to remove the harmonic balancer.

Indeed, need to do the full Monty on it, perhaps even drop the radiator out too due to this one being stupidly thick. Not going to do it today though as I want the car tonight+on the weekend, its a Monday job.
Pete I recommend you take the car a good a mech and get it done there.