SAU Community

Mugabetown - Whoretownin' At It's Worst.

t5iv

Well its still something one needs to pay when buying brake kits from overseas.

Also, Akebono's don't fit. Dam.

Now i'm really intrigued about those Autech brakes. AP racing 6 piston kit with the same size rotor fits under my car, the rotor on the Akebono's is just too chunky. So its possible that these Autechs would fit. What isn't possible is finding the dam specs of them though

only for items costing $1,000 (inc. postage) unless tobacco or alchohol

and its customs duty then 10% GST on any imported good declared at >$1,000

Now i'm really intrigued about those Autech brakes. AP racing 6 piston kit with the same size rotor fits under my car, the rotor on the Akebono's is just too chunky. So its possible that these Autechs would fit. What isn't possible is finding the dam specs of them though

Autechs are huge - and I bet they wont fit your 17inch te37's

have you seen Fatz brake sale thread?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/434418-fatz-big-brake-sale-grex-ap-racing-brembo-stoptech/

Well, good luck finding a brake kit for under $1000!

And for customs duty, what's involved there? never dealt with large overseas purchases before.

Just checked, can fit Alcon 365mm 6 piston kits. TE37's are awesome.

Why don't the Akebonos fit?

The caliper is to tall, the total diameter including caliper is greater than the internal void on the wheels.

Which surprises me, as as mentioned above i can fit 365mm kits and not the 355mm akebonos.

I see. I see

Would require dumping 4K on new wheels first...

Heck I cold just buy another skyline or 2 instead of trying to get those brakes to fit!

Edit: picture of 3 different brakes.

As you can see the Akebono's (red) stick out about 10mm more per side than the AP's (black) with the same size rotors. The 365mm Alcons (blue) are in the middle but have a better profile which seems to match the TE37's slightly better (they also curve in towards the front). I'd have to take it off again to check but from memory it's actually the tip of the middle hump that clashes with the Akebonos, not the top hump.

post-57955-0-63938700-1406863865_thumb.jpg

What would one say if they were looking for a 33 gtst and it was for sale for 3700 with fmic hks blow off, no rego or Rwc

Swap you a Lexus SC300? :P

^^^ spot the engineer

:P

I thought he just liked drawing pictures :P

Would require dumping 4K on new wheels first...

Heck I cold just buy another skyline or 2 instead of trying to get those brakes to fit!

Edit: picture of 3 different brakes.

As you can see the Akebono's (red) stick out about 10mm more per side than the AP's (black) with the same size rotors. The 365mm Alcons (blue) are in the middle but have a better profile which seems to match the TE37's slightly better (they also curve in towards the front). I'd have to take it off again to check but from memory it's actually the tip of the middle hump that clashes with the Akebonos, not the top hump.

I would have looked and gone ehh doesn't fit, new wheels needed... :D

The Akebonos are chunky as fuark calipers. If you actually see them, they're larger than life. Much like my... any way.

With puchasing from o/s. You pay the cost of the goods + shipping to supplier ($x). Pay 2.5% import duty (1.0025.$x = $y) then you pay GST on that sum so 1.1x$y

Ants would probably need to correct me on import duty value.

Just checking in all, I'm
Not actually dead haha

Still under the thumb?

Autechs are huge - and I bet they wont fit your 17inch te37's

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/439623-brake-clearance-thread/ 375mm rotor, alcon 6 pot caliper behind a 17" TE37

What would one say if they were looking for a 33 gtst and it was for sale for 3700 with fmic hks blow off, no rego or Rwc

Is hks bov plumb back or atmo? If atmo that is one of the reasons there is no rwc. Also many holes were cut to fit the fmic and was the reo cut as well?

The Akebonos are chunky as fuark calipers. If you actually see them, they're larger than life. Much like my... any way.

Cricket bat... Your cricket bat is rather large...

• Like 1