SAU Community

Apexi Power Fc

HiveFleetAbyss

So thinking of getting an Apexi power fc with the controller for my 33 to replace the stock ecu. Would the AFM need replacing? Also does anyone know what pricing I would looking at for one? And wlany suggestions where to purchase it from etc? Any other information I need to know to do this would also be helpful just trying to plan ahead so I know what im getting myself into.

Thanks in advance.

I've written it somewhere else before, but I'm not a big fan of Nistune. If your very price orientated then I guess they are a good option. I think I stand alone ecu is the best way to go. Power FC, vipec/link or haltech..

I've written it somewhere else before, but I'm not a big fan of Nistune. If your very price orientated then I guess they are a good option. I think I stand alone ecu is the best way to go. Power FC, vipec/link or haltech..

Either better then the other or all bout the same just different badge? This is something im contemplating doing late next year so just collect as much info as possibke now to decide what way im going.

it all really depends on exactly what you will want from it. future mods, tuning adjustment, how much you want to spend, etc..

They are all different and better in their own ways.

It's all been covered in various treads, so i suggest starting with spending hours reading through them as most people won't want to repeat themselves again and again and again. Recently I have read about some nistunes not working for unknown reasons also some PFC having problems with the not so old models, as compared to the old ones, lol..

But basically you first need to know what you want in the end, then find the appropriate steps to get there. Or at least an idea of what you want from each piece as you source it..

• Like 2

I actually think a power FC offers very little over a Nistune, its really only the hand controller and the nistune actually offers more load points. The Nistune has the added bonus of being cheaper. In a mild build my choice would be nistune, beyond that I would go Wolf, Link, Vipec ect. The power FCs time has come and gone IMO

The stock RB25 AFM will handle up to about 250rwkw worth of airflow. I wouldn't worry about changing AFMs unless you are shooting for something above that.

it all really depends on exactly what you will want from it. future mods, tuning adjustment, how much you want to spend, etc..

They are all different and better in their own ways.

It's all been covered in various treads, so i suggest starting with spending hours reading through them as most people won't want to repeat themselves again and again and again. Recently I have read about some nistunes not working for unknown reasons also some PFC having problems with the not so old models, as compared to the old ones, lol..

But basically you first need to know what you want in the end, then find the appropriate steps to get there. Or at least an idea of what you want from each piece as you source it..

This is the most cruicial part in a build.

Over the next 5yrs I want to avoid having to do any internal work. Now that my mates got a 350+ supra I've got some catching up to do. But at the end I can say I did it and not just bought a car already at that point after someone elses work.

Over the next 5yrs I want to avoid having to do any internal work. Now that my mates got a 350+ supra I've got some catching up to do. But at the end I can say I did it and not just bought a car already at that point after someone elses work.

If you want to get the best out of the car without pushing the envelope too much go Nistune, z32 AFM, 550cc injectors and a R34 High flow turbo. Enjoy a trouble free 270 to 300rwkw.

That would probably be more than enough to serve it up to an uber boat supra

Learn from my mistakes, Buy a Vipec as it is best suited and will support things like AFM's less tune (has a 3 bar map sensor built in) flex fuel tune (sensor can be brought for it) and nearly everyone can tune it.

I agree with Clint, but that may be biased due to me having a Vipec. I Believe Andy (Bunta) also recently made the change over to a Link/Vipec ecu, think he had a Haltech previously from memory

I had a power FC. Link/Vipec are good as are Adaptronic, Wolf and to a lesser extent (in my experience only) Haltech. But if budget is a consideration Nistune is the answer if you dont need external inputs like crank triggers and boost controllers ect ect