SAU Community

My New Nissan Stagea.

patrickd79

Hi all. Bought my first Stag on the weekend. Thanks to rb26stagea for recommending me a mechanic, they did a great job.

So its a '99' Rs4 S in manual trim. Black leather seats, bodykit of some description with 118,000kms on the clock.

It's not perfect, it has rust on the doors, its in need of a bloody good service and so far, the most annoying thing is my seat. Its electric and doesn't work. Someone know how to fix this or work the problem?

Oh, rb26stagea, the mechanic recommended I speak to you when I asked in regards to rust removal from the doors.....

So someone I can take the car to in regards to my electric seat not functioning?

Forgot to mention it cost me $7000.

Bargain.

post-67698-0-45142500-1379982135_thumb.jpg

post-67698-0-35276000-1379982175_thumb.jpg

post-67698-0-63925700-1379982190_thumb.jpg

Edited by patrickd79

Welcome. The electric seats may not be hooked up because the rs4s never came with them, only released in one trim level( same seats as r34gtt) . Maybe just need power?

For the rust treatment under the mirrors find a panel shop you like, get them too take their time and do a decent job. I had mine done 2 years ago and need to have it redone but I think the initial work was a little slack.

I think Bodella is onto the electric seat thing. Does the passenger side one work?

Also, if you're in brisbane, I can recommend you an excellent panel shop that has done mirror rust repair on numerous Stageas (including mine :) ).

looks like a pretty good bargain you got there

seat wise, rs4s's never came with electric leather seats, but i'm pretty sure they only need a 12v power supply to move

they might also be heated, which would need some switches and wiring

thats also the stock bodykit

I'd check that the timing belt was changed at 100,000 kms and do all the fluids (gearbox and diffs) just to be safe

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear it all turned out well!

I used Harvey's Smash to get my rust taken care of, but it was expensive (although they did an exceelent job). They have since sold the business, so not too sure what they're like now... A good panel beater is difficult to find, especially on the Gold Coast. I did have someone recommended to me by Myles (GreenGhost) for work on my daily driver, but can't remember who it was: maybe drop him a pm and ask...?

I know he's had his doors done in the last couple of years too.

Welcome to the group!

Thanks guys.

The car is driving well, it's going in for all the maintenance required next week so then it will pur. Not that it doesn't already.

Very happy with my choice.

Oh yes, the passenger seat works just fine so hoping it is just a loose wire.