SAU Community

Shifter Sitting/tilted Off To The Left R33 Gts-T

Pattey21

Hey guys,

did a track day a month ago and in the last few laps i missed the gate for third and when i pulled into the pits i noticed the shifter was sitting/tilted off to the left.

From a birds eye view it sits about halfway between 1st and 3rd. The gaps between 1st 3rd and 5th feel the same . Since i have replaced gear and engine mount with no success.

I now think its either a crossmember or chassis. It was a grip day and my car was running shitty street tyres and about 200rwkw with spring rates 6kg front 4kg rear and strut braces all round.

Cheers

Patrick

post-88652-0-57852700-1381180181_thumb.jpg

There is a detent and spring on each side of the shifter which centralises the shifter - perhaps one of the springs has bent or jammed, or you've sheared off the detent pin? They're behind a large 27mm (from memory) headed bolt either side of the extension housing close to the shifter mount plate.

There is a detent and spring on each side of the shifter which centralises the shifter - perhaps one of the springs has bent or jammed, or you've sheared off the detent pin? They're behind a large 27mm (from memory) headed bolt either side of the extension housing close to the shifter mount plate.

Yeah i was thinking that but thought it would do dog leg into gear which it doesnt bit also movement distance side to side from shifter current position is even. Ill have a look thoigh. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...