SAU Community

Drift At Lala

JETURBO

Hey guys n girls looking into buying a 180 for a bit of fun at the drift practices , not really for me but for the wife and id love to know what if there are any rules and regs that we would need to adhear to to go out and have a blast

So far ive read that headlights,taillights,long sleve, long pants and an australian std helmet are the minimum but what about half/full cages bolt in ? Weld in ? Basically anything i would need to know before rocking up on the next saturday night to only be turned away....

Cheers in advance !!

What you have been told is correct aslong as all lights work u have a seat belt and long pants n shirt is all u need. although i recommend a half cage for a bit of safety it not a necessity.

But what u MUST DO IS HAVE FUN !!!

Cool stuff guys

The wifes hell bent on having a drift car so we have been looking around at anything that already has a cage or half bare min just to up the safety level a touch more

On that note please flick me a p.m if anyone has something ready for a slide around the 5k mark, dont want to spend heaps as i really dont know if she will like it enough to buy something decent so just a hack for now.

Hope to be out at next prac to make arses of our selves :)

Tailem Bend Motorsport Park is used for drifting as well, there was a day there yesterday. If you're keen, I'm holding a private day there Nov 30th that I still need numbers for. PM me for more details.

Hey that would be great, just put a deposit on a 180sx that is set up for drifting so we will see how it goes, going to chuck it on my dyno first and see if it is tuned like the bloke said and maybe have a fiddle with the power fc ( only tune ford xr6t's )so hopefully i dont blow it up lol

Cant wait to get it out as the wife is hanging to learn how to slide and iam apparently the teacher ( only ever power skidded 400kw barges ) so its going to be a dumb and dumber type of thing i can see

More details on tailem bend would be great as i know sfa

Ok fellas i know its not a skyline but its more drift related and this is where i think the skyline community will dominate

This 180 has a drift button handbrake set up, what are the gains by going hydro handbrake if any ? Only starting out but if its "easier" ill do it because the wife will need everything on her side to tackle this art form

Any info will be great

after watching a few cars end up on their roofs, I would highly suggest that you get at the minimum a half cage for some sort of safety. Specially with those tyre barriers out there

Arhh i see just a bit more of a consistency thing !

The car has a half cage and a pile of other bitz but i have nfi if there good or not, this is the list from the add, shout out if something needs to be changed or added please

Nissan 180sx drift car

Rebuilt s14 sr20det less then 1000km on it

Tein coil overs all round

S14 manual gear box

Camber tops

Surge tank set up

Sparco 4 point harnesses

Racaro bucket seat

Koyorad alloy Radiator with thermo

Fmic

Holford motors cams spec bolt in half cage with harness bar

Adjustable arms all round

Catch can

T3t4 turbo with braided lines

Spiltfire coil packs

Fuel pressure reg

Boost tee

Carbon fiber vented hood

Locked diff

770 cc injectors

Aircraft alloy winged and gated sump

New flywheel

New extreme drift clutch

Oil cooler and filter relocation kit

Metal head gasket

Rocker arm stoppers

5stud conversion all round

Brake upgrade

Wide body front and rear

Rear strut brace

Engine damper

Battery relocated

Semi solid k frame bushes

Apexi power FC with hand controller

Drift BOV

Rotas warped in federal 595 up front

Also comes with spare rack ends wheel studs and silicon rad hoses Also with 8 spare rims 4 of which have 100% brand new tread.

The interior has been stripped and sound deadening has been removed. Paint is a little rough but can include 8L of plasti dip if I get right price...

This car was dynoed at Fisher performance 3 months ago at 242.5 rwkw. I

Before I went out for the first time I went to watch it and see what the go was. When I got to actually go out I would just head for the middle of the corner with a bit of speed and then pull the hand brake on then turn into the corner. The car would start to slide the rear out. While I was putting the hand brake on I would have the clutch in getting the gear ready. Give it some revs and then remove hand brake and drop the clutch while turning opposite lock. I also hit the wall in last session but I had fun. Would love to do it again one day.

You sound like you have got a good start with the car.

Drift school is worth every cent, the boys out on the track are super supportive and the vibe is awesome friendly.

Get out there in whatever you got, don't stress about being over setup and you'll soon quickly workout what you need in terms of hydro, parts etc :)

Well we did not make it out, chucked the 180 on the dyno late friday night to find issues, bloody head gasket had gone and we have custard filling

The bloke we bought it off sent the new built engine to fisher performance to have his other better head fitted and a metal head gasket fitted and then tuned

Well something happened warped or cracked or just not torqued up correctly, trying to get it sussed out now hopefully fisher come to the party but doubtful

Anywhoo driving out to see the drift prac had a bingle in the F6 :( bad weekend but finally got out there to have a look and lots of fun to be had

Just over a month to get ready for this track day at tailem bend now