SAU Community

R32 Gtst Rear Brakes On Gtr Hub

argh32

Hey guys,

I am wanting to know if r32 gtst rear rotors and calipers will fit onto a r32 gtr hub, as I have just installed a gtr subframe into my gtst but I am not using gtr brakes as I don't have them.

Thanks in advance :D

Rotors are the same part number (if you have ventilated rear rotors), calipers are the same too, they both use 2 piston sumitomo calipers, so looks like it should be good to go.

Ok I'll have a crack tomorrow and see what happens, thanks for the input!

As silly as this may sound to all/most of you - does anyone know of a thinner

rotor and caliper that will bolt straight on.. For example r32 non turbo rear brakes or r33 non turbo rear brakes, both drilled to 5 stud?

If anyone knows if these or something else smaller than stock will fit without modification I am keen to know :)

Thanks!

R32 GTST including R32 GTR should be 297mm diameter X 18mm thick ventilated rears.

Next down is a 266 X 16 ventilated rear thats hard to find after market....same 5 bolt stud pattern.

In those cases we have been telling customers to send the larger ones to a engineer to have the outer diameter turned down and 2 mm skimmed off them.

Next down is 266mm X 9mm solid, but its 4 bolt stud pattern....

I actually have those 266 x 9 rotors. Can you tell me what caliper to use? I am looking to use something that gives me good wheel clearance for some 15 inch ssr mk1s.

Thanks for all the good information so far! :D

Not sure what calipers they are, the part number for the pads is different, they are not the Sumitomos that the turbo models use with the 2 pins passing through the pads to hold them in.

I have seen a few customers cars come in with them, i think from memory they are only a inboard single piston job, my brake catalog says R33 Non Turbo so i would be looking that way, they are probably a lower level of Sumitomo in single piston.

Concentrate on anything with 4 stud wheels from the R32, R33 range in non turbo is your best bet.