SAU Community

M35 Warranty Repair - Sth East Melb

Dmyze_

Hi Guys,

Did a search with no luck (maybe I am doing it wrong).

Turbo gave out on the Stagea last night :unsure:

Only 7,000k's into owning it, the car is still under warranty and the turbo is covered for failure.

I have rung the company and they have put me onto their nearest repairers, but they are all closed for a few weeks over the Xmas period (timing sucks!).

I have already accepted the fact I am going to have a public transport christmas but I would like to get the car back sooner rather than later!

The warranty company then suggested that I find my own repairer and supply them with a quote.

I have heard that these cars are notoriously difficult to work with, so I am after some of your hard earned experience.

Who would you recommend for this repair in the south eastern suburbs (I'm out in sunny Pakenham)?

Thanks in advance guys!

A workshop may charge upwards of 5k, perhaps more if they want to drop the engine, how much will the warranty cover?

I would be your best bet, but it depends if the insurance company is willing to deal with me, they may require a fully qualified mechanic, insurance, factory premises etc.

What are you hoping to get done in that time frame? I have a replacement S/H turbo here I could swap in for you, a Hypergear highflow may take 2 months this time of year... I may be able to get a Precision turbo down from Sydney, as I have one on the shelf waiting, but it may not get here till after Christmas...

I will be very surprised if the warranty company comes to the party with $5k; I had a window regulator replaced under warranty, and of the $900 total they covered $500.

I suspect you are about to become one of the long list of people to discover that these warranties aren't even worth the paper they are written on.

That said; I wish you every success.

Scotty is definitely your man if/when you go forward, you would do well to INSIST any repairer you engage, speaks to Scotty about this job first.
They will say they know what they're doing; most won't. Turbo selection is CRITICAL.

If the warranty goes south once they discover the scale of the job; go straight to Scotty.

Thanks guys, Scotty was my first thought - just unsure if they will go for it, the warranty covers $3000 but I won't hold my breath - Scotty I will give you a call today!