SAU Community

Missfire 1995 R33 Gtr

_GTR_

My 1995 R33 Gtr sometime's has a missfire for a split second and then it's fine again, It mainly happens at 2500 - 3000 RPM just before boost kicks in. I took it to a workshop and they said change the coilpacks and spark plugs so I did to Splitfire's and to Copper spark plugs but it still happens they also check for boost leaks and they found nothing wrong. I have checked the earth cable's they are fine too. At 2500 - 2800 ign timing sit's around 38 degs. Any Suggestions on what could be causing this?

Fuel Type: 100 oct

Boost Pressure: 7 Psi

Turbos: Garrett 2860's smallest in that serie

Spark plug Gap: 0.8

Spark plug type: Copper

ECU: Apexi Power FC

Max Knock Reading: 109 only happened twice, But normaly is around 3 to 10

Battery Volts: 14.2

Max ign timing reading: 42 deg

Air flow meters, first try cleaning the probes by spraying some carb or contact cleaner on them.

Then look at your ignition module on the top of the coil pack cover, mine use to get hot and missfire when getting on boost, turned out the unit was shot and giving me poor spark.

At your boost level you dont need to close the gaps too much, at 24Psi i went down to .7mm once.

try earthing your coilpack igniter to a main earthing point. I earthed mine to the earthing point near the fuel pressure reg. try a temporary one first see if it helps. it fixed my miss