SAU Community

Shudder Over 2500

Cuz Bruz

S1 R33 Gtst, pretty stock, intercooler, exhaust. never had a problem in 2 years.

Christmas day took my car for a clean, gave a quick spray under the bonnet to get rid of some dust, drove it home car working fine.

Got in car boxing day to go to work noticed it was idling rough when i started it, took it for a drive around the block and anything over about 2500,3000 rpms its shuddering pretty badly. Bov still sounds normal when changing gears but absolutely no power at all. Not sure if it could be related to spraying the water under the bonnet? It sounds like it is misfiring or a piston has stopped working, i wouldnt really know, maybe its something simple, but im not sure what to do about it. And ideas, or mechanics that will be open today S.e Melbourne chelsea, braeside area?

Of course it's related to wetting the engine.

coukd be any number of plugs that are wet, because I dont know how crazy you went with the water!

things to check would be watee around coil packs and the large electrical plugs.

yeah nah, still having issues with this. Its not just over 2500 its at any stage, it can drive normally sometimes but most of the time it feels like its getting choked, like only half the petrol is getting through or something. Checked maf sensor and plug and it was dry as can be. My only potion now is to take it somewhere to get it looked at, would anyone know of any mechanics open today? Most of the ones i know are gone for a week or 2 now.