SAU Community

Motorsport Seats

Adz2332

Hey all ,

looking at some seats for a track car as we speak.

This my sound like a stupid question...

Im 6 foot 3 and pretty skinny.... So the seats ive been looking at hug me well enough but my head seems to pop over the top of the top of the seat. if you know what i mean.

Should i find a seat where my head actually fits like down in the seat better or is having your head slightly over the top of the back of the seat normal?

Pic below to help explain....

post-33454-0-58043800-1388099695_thumb.jpg

I'm only 5' 10" my head just pops over the top of the seat. When I have my helmet on it touches the roof.

If you can bend your head head over the back of the seat then you might need to look at a different one. I wouldn't think you'd have any issues though.

Hopefully those are not the actual seats you are looking to purchase, if they aren't fixed back don't waste your cash.

I am 6'3 and the only problem I had finding seats was fitting my fat arse into them, not the height.

If your head can snap over the back of them - then do not buy.

I have a fixed back Velo, My head/helmet will not fit between the seat and the roof. I suggest seeking advice from a reputable race gear supplier, not buying ching chong spec ebay stuff.

177cm, 68kg, think i paid about $700 for my latest one, found a guy who was buying them through a contact who was in the industry got it a bit cheaper.

$700 good price havent seen it anywhere near that price...

Im about 6'2 and 85 kilo.... do the pros come in multiple sizes?

Thanks mate! will get onto them right now!

Wonder why they are 100 to 200 cheaper then every where else??

what rails are good for these seats? one side can be fixed but driver must be movable

I'm not too sure about rails. I have a Bride seat with Bride FG seat rail which is adjustable back and forth, but I'm not sure if they are cross compatible.

If UAS can't advise you on a rail, maybe Revolution Racegear or RaceDeal.com can suggest something from their range?

http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index.php?PCID=10554

http://www.racedeal.com/shop/item/seat-mounts-for-fixed-back-seats

http://www.racedeal.com/shop/item/sparco-set-slide-runners

• Like 1

Ive been through this with my 32.

Im very tall and skinny too.

I wasted money on mounts that were too high, my helmet touched the roof.

Now i have a Sparco pro 2000 on the floor.

The holes for the shoulder straps are a bit low for me. but they work so i use it anyway.

Try and find one in a shop so you can sit in it and see if it fits.

6 foot 3

Bolted the side mounts on the floor just behind the crossbar thats near the front of the seat. reo plates under the floor.

I cant seem to find the cams regs where it tells you how big the reinforcing plates have to be and the grade and size of bolts.

I guess you could call them, they are easy to get hold of, and very helpful.

anyway heres a pic of mine:

post-89755-0-03017200-1389179886_thumb.jpg