SAU Community

Power Fc/ Nistune Qs

99RS4

Hey guys I am tossing up between either Apexi Power FC or NIStune, question is what model Power FC do I have to buy. I cant find a Stagea specific ones. looking around for a second hand one ( I know, I know but Im on a limited budget. ) Can some one please shed some light on which one I need to get if I choose the Power FC ? 2nd question is, If I buy the NIStune board myself, with the Board, Cable, Software, and Installation for $615 does that give me the ability to tune myself or just to "adjust" things ? How hard are they to self install and can the car be driven to the tuners ? Or will it have to be towed ?

Any help is greatly appreciated :-D . do

You will need a powerFC to suit a R34 GTT RB25DET Neo, you can pick them up BRAND NEW for around 1k, i priced one up for me with a boost control kit and it was around 1.2k shipped from japan, i know thats a bit over the nistune but i recon they are a better option

Edited by nick88

The Nistune is the better bet for price and simplicity. Send ECU away to Nistune (or find someone who can desolder/resolder new board). The hidden cost from Nistune comes if you buy the cable and licence to make changes yourself. Are you really going to make changes? Do you have any tuning experience?

The PowerFC would also require sorting out a 3.6-3.7v feed to pin 51 to get around traction control/engine check lights.

I use both and both are good options.

Adaptronic are cheap and finding a few friends these days if you want something with more bells and whistles.

I echo Wolverine's statements

Nistune is great for the price and also stealthy since it's a daughter-board and is installed on the ECU itself and you get to keep all the factory stuff

PowerFC being a complete ECU solution will give you more bells and whistles but personally the hand controller is cop bait...

Nistune will allow you to tune yourself (with the individual licence) but you need to have some tuning knowledge

When you send your Nistune away for them to install it, they will install the stock tune so once you plug it back into your car, your car is driveable straight away (I would find a official nistune dealer who can supply, install & tune for you) - whereabouts do you live 99RS4?

Edited by BigDirtyJase

• 1 year later...

Hey I'm new to replying and posting usually just read, but I'm after a peace of mind.

I have an 99 r34 2door manual awd neo25de... Iv been offed a neo25det awd out of a stagea and was just wondering what I would have to do for a engine swap, is it a pretty straight forward swap? I have a power fc with hand controler in the box waiting to be used for a 34 gt-t.

Edited by BabyZ

Engine swap should be straightforward although would be good if you could get the loom with the neo engine. You would want some better brakes and a new radiator and go straight for a FMIC. As the Stagea was probably an auto you need to change the spigot bearing in the crank.