SAU Community

Id1000's Don't Fit?

s213b

Hi,

I bought brand new id1000's to suit my s1 stagea rb25det and according to jaustec their too 'long?' I thought they only came in 11mm and 14mm thicknesses, I didn't know there was a length?

Does anyone know if there is any way these can still be used? Different intake manifold?

Any help would be really appreciated

So what have you actually bought?

You would need side feed for the s1, do you have a top feed fuel rail?

We need more info, if your mech can't work it out having the car there, how do you expect us to help from the other side of the internet with such a pitiful amount of information...

Perhaps get on to the guy that sold them to you, and ask him why they don't fit?

I have top feed id1000's and lots of connectors / clips.

On the side of the box it says 'application r32 r33 r34 & rb26'

Apparently there are two lengths (which there is no option for when buying) 47mm and 60mm.

My friend has some sort of link with ID and he bought then for me. He asked 11 or 14mm

I said 11, which is correct.

Jaustec have a new rail for me to suit the top feed, but it won't work because their too long.

ID have said because I bought them 6 months ago I can't change them. Which is bullsht

how much too long are they? I made 1000cc xspurts fit with a top feed rail, had to shave the bottom of the plenum and reposition a large hose underneath,

not easy but doable.

Edited by AngryRB

Bang them up for sale and by XSPURT'S off Scotty.

atleast you know your getting the right injectors this way.

Scotty now has a pm ;)

The difference between the injectors I need and the injectors I have is 13mm, not sure if the manifold can be spaced this much without causing further problems. Ill ring jaustec tomorrow, I've read heaps of good things about ID1000's, shame I can't use them.

They are just a Bosch injector, exactly the same as Xspurts, and generic Bosch injectors off egay. You don't see people saying "wow, Bosch make some excellent injectors, they only say ID's are the best..."

I don't really get it. :/

They are just a Bosch injector, exactly the same as Xspurts, and generic Bosch injectors off egay. You don't see people saying "wow, Bosch make some excellent injectors, they only say ID's are the best..."

I don't really get it. :/

Haha I agree when I worked this out a good year or 2 ago and got some nice cheap bosch injectors off egay was cheering. Work really well too

The problems with them would be if you have any issues, good luck getting a response from the seller, they generally have no idea about your application, and warranty is pointless if you need to send one injector back at your own cost.

It is always handy being able to communicate with a local reseller directly. ;)

When you measure the length of the injector, where about do you exactly measure from?

I looked it up on the ID website, it's hard to explain. It's basically the length of the injector minus the top 'top feed' section

I think you'll find Bosch EV14 injectors are made in three different lengths and the easiest for a 33 RB25DET manifold is the shortest or EV14K (kompact) length ones .

Xspurt do these in a 740ish cc size and ID do an 850cc shorty called ID850GM for the later alloy Chev V8s . I'm surprised we don't see more of those 850GMs used in RB25 Neos which should be direct fit - or R33s with modded Neo or aftermarket fuel rails . From memory they are 14mm diameter top and bottom and honestly I can't see the point in having the smaller diameter top section unless it's going in a std app top feed rail ie RB20 or 26 .

And yep local suppliers , saves so much grief .

A .