SAU Community

Rb26 Cam Cover Baffles

asps91

Hi guys,

I'm having my cam covers soda blasted and therefore wondering about the removal process of the cam cover baffles and how I would reinstall. Seems like a silly question but I did not want to break any seals or effect anything which may be inside the baffle. Is it as simple as removing screws and lifting out? Thanks for the help in advance!

Remove the 8 (or was it 10??) screws holding the plate onto the cover. Lift the plate from the cover. May require some gentle force to lift off because the silicone used to seal around the edges might stick on to it. Lift out the gauze (little metal wire thing that sits between the baffle plate and cam cover). And that's all of it removed.

When you re-install, try to remove as much of the old silicone that sealed the plate to the cover as you can. Re-apply some auto grade silicone around the cover where the metal plate sits onto. Re-install the metal gauze. Place plate onto cover and tighten bolts from the middle 2 working outwards being careful not to over tighten them as the covers are alloy and it can be very easy to strip the threads.

Edited by Chris32R