SAU Community

Profec B - Install R34 Gtt

MrFijiGold

Forgive me for the millionth post but I cant not find the exact answer to my question & I wanna get this right the first time.

My 34 GTT has a manual boost tee (IN - connected to intercooler pipe & OUT - to wastegate actuator). I have a profec B Spec 2 that I bought used so it has the lines off the solenoid already.

(1). From what I gather, am I on the right track in the pic below? [please ignore what I wrote about *figure3* - just found an old thread where GTSBoy explains the consequences of doing this]

photo2-EBC.jpg

(2). For the boost pressure line that comes directly off the back of the Profec unit, where do I connect this? GTSBoy said in a thread that using a tee between the FPR and manifold will increase the risk of screwing things up & therefore using the MAP sensor hose is an alternative. Just curious if I have the correct MAP Sensor pressure hose to tee into..

1911522_10201522087924612_1464874629_o.j

(3). The solenoid that I have isnt specifically labelled as "COM or 'NC/NO. It just has 1,2,3 stamped respectively. Also this EBC was used in an external gate GTR before so it took me a while to figure this out. Can someone confirm if I have the ports labelled properly..

photo4-EBC.jpg

I think thats all the questions I have. Once again, apologise if this thread is repetitive.

Thanks.

If no one has answered this before the weekend is over then I'll post pics when I get back home to my car on Sunday.

It will be one line running to the intercooler nipple and one running to the actuator. The booklet should tell you what part on the boost controller to plug these both into.

Then just run a T piece into that line running off the back of the manifold and put your vac into that and into the profec

Just checked the instructions.

NO port goes to the boost source aka the nipple on your cooler pipe.

COM port goes to your actuator on the turbo.

The other NC port left should be blocked off.

Check this article

Your setup should be like page 5

And instructions on the ports is on page 9

Use the page numbers down the bottom left

http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/PRofec_Bspec2.pdf

Thanks a lot mate. So its a simple remove and replace (but being very careful which way to place the solenoid.

The vac hose coming from the back of the manifold - are you referring to the MAP sensor one?

Hopefully you can throw some pics on sunday. Thanks again.

There is a nipple on the left hand side of the intake manifold, it already has a hose on it running to a small black box in the top left hand side of the engine bay (if you are standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay).

Tee it off that line and boost away.

Edited by owen1r

Just checked the instructions.

NO port goes to the boost source aka the nipple on your cooler pipe.

COM port goes to your actuator on the turbo.

The other NC port left should be blocked off.

Check this article

Your setup should be like page 5

And instructions on the ports is on page 9

Use the page numbers down the bottom left

http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/PRofec_Bspec2.pdf

Are you sure? This is the 3rd port on the solenoid we are talking about, right? All the other diagrams/pics I've seen have left this 3rd port vented to atmo.

Thanks Owen and Daniel for all your help. Cheers.

I can't be 100% if it has to be blocked or not sorry mate. I'm working off my mental pictures haha and they aren't very clear.

I'll let you know Sunday night if no one chimes in and gives the answer.

No problemo mate. Thanks a lot :)

Have a look in the troubleshooting guide which is in the document posted previously, try lowering your start boost.

Put it all the way down to near 0 if you can, if that doesn't make a difference, lower the gain until it no longer exceeds your wanted boost.

Edited by owen1r

Start Boost = 40
Set = 0
Gain = 5% (wouldnt go any lower)

Warning = (9psi)
Limiter = 20%

Used these settings to start tuning and boost spiked to 15psi. Turned the Set up to 10% and it still spiked. Not sure what on earth is going on but I think I might have to get this looked at by a pro. Its a shame really..