SAU Community

Any Locally Made Impul Kits For R34 Gtt Except "carmate"

I'm planning on just installing their side skirts and buying a front lip from "Viva Garage" and i'd calculated the cost if i'm letting "Carmate" supply side skirts, fit and paint both their made side skirts and my ordered "Viva Garage" front lip to $1162.

However the bad reputation i have looked up on many threads suggest i should stay well clear from Carmate to fit and paint my kit, is there any places in Sydney that supplies, fit and paint them?

Most people will buy a kit from

i) Bodyformaero

ii) Team Jetspeed

iii) V.G.

iv) JAIS

v) interstate

vi) SAU

...then get it painted themselves through a favoured painter.

Even Bodyformaero uses G&S Bodyworks at Larra Ave Yennora.

Some SAU Execs use Sutton at Bellona Ave Regents Park

• 4 months later...

ive bought kits through carmate for previous cars a few times and theres a few things I learnt from this experience.

1) they are overpriced and all there kits are mock ups of original ie mockup vielside ect

2)never I repeat NEVER let them paint or fit items there paint uality is crap run marks ect and they damaged 2 front bars I and others I know purchased when fitting

3) buying from them is ok I would d it again if I couldn't find a better value somewere else but refer to point 2 and NEVER have them paint or fit things.

4) don't buy electricals off them ie taillights I bought a pair for my old 80 series landcruiser and they died within a month and my neighbor bought a set of led taillights for his silvia and the wring was all messed up and whole light needed to be rewired before instalation

5) there carbon fiber products are good quality but due to how light they are can be damaged in delivery and they don't take responsibility for damaged items via delivery.

hope this helps ya out mate

Edited by scithe93