SAU Community

Oil leaks..*sigh*

Another problem just popped up - there's these two oil leaks I've found underneath the car.

One of them is on the front end slightly behind all the pumps/belts etc and is a bitch to look into it. Another one is on the passenger's side towards the end and near all the exhaust pipings. What is/are the possible causes of the leaks?

There's not a lot of oil lost but is sure as hell annoying to stain the driveway.

Thanks people.

It's just got all these annoying problems - it's far from disastrous (what about that guy bought a car in and can't comply it? To me, that's a diaster..)

The wheel alignment issue is sorted (bad alignment done over in Japan) and the start-up issue was a chipped ECU that no one seem to have picked up right from the word go.

maybe clean it up and then have another look in a few days for fresh oil, might help pin-point it easier.

I think degrease it while it's cold all around the turbo's/block and underneath to and take it for a fang and play the waiting game :)

the leak from the front end could be cam seal , try to open the cambelt cover and see if there is leak behind the cam gear. if there is oil behind the cam gear definetely cam seal has **cked

As from the side looks like the oil came from steering rack, squeeze the steering boot and if oil pissing out from there it must be steering rack seal need to be replaced

Yes check all the seals probably best to send to a import place and ask them to check/replace all the seals.

Stuffed seals can cause major oil leaks in time, for example going through a bottle of oil every 1-2 days.

Well funny enough it haven't lost a single drop of oil in the last day or so...but it's gonna be checked out by a workshop on Wednesday then on the weekend just to combine the 2 workshops' findings then take it on from there.