SAU Community

Attesa Ets Code 21 (Tps) Helppp Me!

<<<this guy

Hey everyone,

To start with I have a 1992 GTR. I have a tps (21 flashes on ets) code fault, light on dash only comes on on first start. If I shut off car and restart no code.

Problem started after I took my car into a performance shop in Vancouver BC for a single turbo conv. , ABS delete, and performance battery.

I have tried this:

1: brand new tps - still problem

2: tried another ets controller unit - still problem

3: tested wired at ets unit 47 and 48 and got .4V

4: set my open throttle with laptop on tps to .5V open throttle

One thing that bothers me is my tiny lithium battery (LFX36L3-BS12) (http://shoraipower.com/lfx36l3-bs12-p130) they put in for maybe on first start and charging all electronics and cranking engine voltage drops to a level that will trip tps V code?

Anyone have any thoughts?

So with the ABS gone I get code 8 and 9 but with what I ascertain this will not effect AWD?!

And then the code 21 on top of these.

Thanks

post-85102-0-60765200-1393366822_thumb.jpg

Also forgot to mention I got a haltech plat pro ecu... there is tps inputs and a filter. Is there a output setting for the signal to the attesa ets? I set the input filter to 0 and have set open throttle from .38 to .5Volts

• 7 years later...

Nice copy and paste response from Matt at Haltech to an over 7 year old post there mate. The OP wasn't using a Haltech Elite either, he said a Haltech Platinum Pro so it's irrelevant to him.

From the Haltech forum:

https://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33838

I will give you some credit for bringing this up though, as it does need to be changed to avoid getting a random TPS ATTESA fault on the 32 and 33 GTR with a Haltech Elite 2000 / 2500. Most people probably don't know about this as to this day it is still incorrect in the GTR base maps. Was happening on both of our Elite 32s.

A bit like the Elite speed signal set at 2450 pulses per km in the GTR base map - needs to be 1225 or you speed will be showing half of what it should be at the ECU.

Haltech really should correct this in the base map for the GTR as I don't think this is common knowledge and why would it be - you'd expect these things to be correct in a GTR specific base map.

• Like 1