SAU Community

Window Stuck Down :'(

red_spider

Heyy sau

So I've got my a pretty bad situation... My driver's side window won't come back up :(

So through pulling the trim off and going through isolating the switch and motor I have my self a broken switch and broken motor.

Called my local Nissan and they quoted me $570 for the motor and $194 for the switch... But said it's now illegal for them to provided me with part numbers.

I have the motor one as 80730AL501

But with vigorous searching of sau, google for both the m35 and v35 sedan no result for the switch. Could anyone help me out with the part number please?

Thanks you

They come up all the time on yahoo japan if you can afford to wait for shipping (mine did the same and I just suction cupped/duct taped it shut for a few weeks... cops didn't like it but haha). Fyi I ended up buying a passenger side motor V35 motor and just took a little cutting back of the excess plastic to get it to fit. Lost the Auto Up function but for the amount I saved it was worth it (was about 150 for regulator and motor). They do come up on Ebay from time to time as well. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

They come up all the time on yahoo japan if you can afford to wait for shipping (mine did the same and I just suction cupped/duct taped it shut for a few weeks... cops didn't like it but haha). Fyi I ended up buying a passenger side motor V35 motor and just took a little cutting back of the excess plastic to get it to fit. Lost the Auto Up function but for the amount I saved it was worth it (was about 150 for regulator and motor). They do come up on Ebay from time to time as well. Hope that helps.

Thinking of just putting the window up on the weekend and blocking it to stay up, auto up and down is my favourite feature :'( but thank you for the information and I'll keep it in mind :)

BTW if the parts department told you it was "illegal" to give you a part number you should report them to their manager.

They may decide not to give you the part#, but it is certainly not illegal.

Don't worry Duncan I had a good laugh about it, there was two Guys that owned imports but they never answer the phone :(

Thinking of just putting the window up on the weekend and blocking it to stay up, auto up and down is my favourite feature :'( but thank you for the information and I'll keep it in mind :)

Agreed, auto is the goods

Another option is you can just get an auto elec to rebuild the motor from yours. I got quoted $80 to get one rebuilt when mine failed, but then i picked up a second hand one for way less and just stuck that in.

Agreed, auto is the goods

Another option is you can just get an auto elec to rebuild the motor from yours. I got quoted $80 to get one rebuilt when mine failed, but then i picked up a second hand one for way less and just stuck that in.

I remember someone deep in the sands of time said the motor brushes were very similar to an R33 window motor.

Ive had this happen to me on many occasions.

What i did was slightly tap the outside door and then get in the car while holding the window switch up close the door with a bit of force and it should go back up. Should

It may or may not work for you but give it a try, and if it does work dont put it down again.

Good luck

Edited by Howaitonaito
  • Like 1