SAU Community

#6 Sydney Skyline Cruise - Bateau Bay (Edit)

smiik33

Well no i wasnt there. Im sure if you hadve stopped, thus stopping everyone behind you, and said " hey this is f**king bullshit lets all reverse out of here " a lot of people wouldve been like " well shit if he wont take the GTR any further why would we ". I know i would have been right behind you in that case.

Anyhow, enough said on it. Whats done is done. For an FYI, i will be organising a coastal cruise, on sealed roads, starting near the sutherland nasho and finishing in my local area at the robertson pie shop/robertson itself/ a suitable establishment in bowral if i can find one.

This will be mid to late june. Once my car gets registered. 2-3 weeks notice will be given and a complete pre cruise scout, route maps and a basic itinery.

Details soon, and again sorry to everyones car who got damaged and all the best.

• Like 4

To those people who suggest reverse the car, it was simple not possible, the risk would be way too big compare to drive forward as I said in the earlier reply anyone was there would agreed to just drive in first and make a u turn where possible, reverse is simply out of option. Maybe at the first km it was possible and as I said, non of us know that was an off road trip and what I thought was it's just a small road with bad condition, how come I know it would be an off-road? When you in a skyline cruise you just wouldn't think that way! All I was it's just a cery short bad road and a beautiful beach would show up! I was even very excited! Until when I notice "oh shit? We are on an off-road" it was already too late ! This could totally be avoid by inform us earlier! All I was thinking was a beautiful beach or something like that not a 10km off-road track for fun!

Well no i wasnt there. Im sure if you hadve stopped, thus stopping everyone behind you, and said " hey this is f**king bullshit lets all reverse out of here " a lot of people wouldve been like " well shit if he wont take the GTR any further why would we ". I know i would have been right behind you in that case.

Anyhow, enough said on it. Whats done is done. For an FYI, i will be organising a coastal cruise, on sealed roads, starting near the sutherland nasho and finishing in my local area at the robertson pie shop/robertson itself/ a suitable establishment in bowral if i can find one.

This will be mid to late june. Once my car gets registered. 2-3 weeks notice will be given and a complete pre cruise scout, route maps and a basic itinery.

Details soon, and again sorry to everyones car who got damaged and all the best.

That sounds like a nice drive... Do keep us posted... Sealed roads... coastal with nice photography - sounds nice... I had some coffee at a nice cafe in Bowral last time... dont remember the place...

LMAO! How come you think I didn't stop and ask for help?! In situation like that you think I would just sit in my car and simply drive???????? Don't be funny please.

Sounds good if you want a co-organiser I'll help you out, if not thats cool :) but Nasho is a questionable one, not overly lowered friendly

Sounds good if you want a co-organiser I'll help you out, if not thats cool :) but Nasho is a questionable one, not overly lowered friendly

How unfriendly? Yesterday unfriendly or some patches need to chill unfriendly? or pothole unfriendly? lol...

Sounds good Josh!

Jason, the main road through is fine for lowered cars like mine, you just have to slow down at certain points in the heavily forested areas as there are a couple of parts of the road that have subsided and you can bottom out or scrape if you hit them at speed. Edit: by "subsided" I just mean it feels like a rough expansion joint in the road. Stick to the speed limit and you're sweet. No major potholes or anything sinister. Except maybe cops ;)

• Like 1

I got people guided me in front of my car and the car on my back was keep looking at my car and I was driving less than 5km/h and still that much damage you think if I go reverse things would be better? I don't think so.

• Like 1

I totally get what you mean but if you were there you would understand, if I did a U turn there the car would be stuck and a tow truck would be needed and worse damage would be done to the car, the best way there and I believe anyone who was there would agree with me is to just crawl in where the first avaliable place to do a u turn and come out by crawling again and I made several stop during the crawling and the car behind me kept an eye on my car as well, it was not becos I think "they can go in so I can go as well" I didn't get any chance to get out! The first avaliable place to do a u turn was where we stopped any point before that I would totally ruined my car. What really happened was the car is already f**ked up and I did what's best to reduce the damage, I didn't go all the way because I think I maybe can and blame the organiser later, I couldn't do anything back there! The orginiser was lucky I didn't punch him right in the face and if I see him again I will and one punch will not be enough! Im not joking and if you think I'm threatening him you are not wrong! Yes! I am threatening him! That's how serious and angry I am And I am really pissed off now. And please don't say things like you know everthing and others are just idiots, after all it is my car and you think I would do anything to harm it?! I choose to go in as that was the minimum damage could be done on my car! Hope that clear things a bit! And I do thank you for your reply and concerns about my car I really appreciate that!

Time to chill the F out.

threatening to punch someone cause you didn't think about your own property?

Sounds good Josh!

Jason, the main road through is fine for lowered cars like mine, you just have to slow down at certain points in the heavily forested areas as there are a couple of parts of the road that have subsided and you can bottom out or scrape if you hit them at speed. Edit: by "subsided" I just mean it feels like a rough expansion joint in the road. Stick to the speed limit and you're sweet. No major potholes or anything sinister. Except maybe cops ;)

hmmm sounds nice...

Sweet only reason I said that is most I know with low cars won't go near it

Probably because it has been receiving a lot of attention lately from the cops with impromptu defect stations due to residents' complaints about cars and bikes tearing through there. During the day / afternoon it shouldn't be too much of an issue. It is a fantastic piece of road. The surface can be a little bumpy in some places and while no public road is the right place for an all out thrash, Nasho is nice at six tenths speed just taking in the scenery and listening to the RB sounds anyway.

• Like 1

As i said i will be doing a drive through to check and make sure, even though my car isnt lowered i always keep them in mind. If HWP have been frequenting the area ( last time i was there was 2011 before i left for canada ) i will pick a more suitable route.

As normal and per SAU, cruises will be done at the speed limit and on a mature level.

If sutherland nasho proves unsuitable i will extend the cruise the other direction, and we will take kangaroo valley/sheepwash road, however woonoona via stanwell tops then robertson via maquarie pass was the main plan.

Will post event after i check both routes.

• Like 1

I do apologize as I did lost my temper back there. I really love this R34 it was never left my car space without me sitting in it nor it has parked in any shopping center or public car park untill yesterday, it was my fifth time driving that car and that including the time I picked the car up and a time when I did the service. It was one of the most important thing in the world to me at the moment and yes my wife hates it so much I have to say. I was so looking forward to this cruise party and things like this happened is really up setting, my heart is totally broken now and as a grown up man this is the first few times my eyes are wet nd that's how much I love it, as now, no matter how much money I spend on it, it will never be the way it was. He just died yesterday. It's just like bob said, it's like a new pair of fine Italian leather shoes to me, and now it had step on dog feces, no matter how hard you wash or clean it, you just won't want wear them amymore, that's how I feel about my R34 now!

• Like 1

Probably because it has been receiving a lot of attention lately from the cops with impromptu defect stations due to residents' complaints about cars and bikes tearing through there. During the day / afternoon it shouldn't be too much of an issue. It is a fantastic piece of road. The surface can be a little bumpy in some places and while no public road is the right place for an all out thrash, Nasho is nice at six tenths speed just taking in the scenery and listening to the RB sounds anyway.

Damn! Now that Sounds AMAZING!

As i said i will be doing a drive through to check and make sure, even though my car isnt lowered i always keep them in mind. If HWP have been frequenting the area ( last time i was there was 2011 before i left for canada ) i will pick a more suitable route.

As normal and per SAU, cruises will be done at the speed limit and on a mature level.

If sutherland nasho proves unsuitable i will extend the cruise the other direction, and we will take kangaroo valley/sheepwash road, however woonoona via stanwell tops then robertson via maquarie pass was the main plan.

=)

This is nice... The fact that you are sharing and letting everyone know in advance helps... Till now the Nasho drive sounds RBrilliant - cant wait...

I do apologize as I did lost my temper back there. I really love this R34 it was never left my car space without me sitting in it nor it has parked in any shopping center or public car park untill yesterday, it was my fifth time driving that car and that including the time I picked the car up and a time when I did the service. It was one of the most important thing in the world to me at the moment and yes my wife hates it so much I have to say. I was so looking forward to this cruise party and things like this happened is really up setting, my heart is totally broken now and as a grown up man this is the first few times my eyes are wet nd that's how much I love it, as now, no matter how much money I spend on it, it will never be the way it was. He just died yesterday. It's just like bob said, it's like a new pair of fine Italian leather shoes to me, and now it had step on dog feces, no matter how hard you wash or clean it, you just won't want wear them amymore, that's how I feel about my R34 now!

Good on you for realising you needed to cool your heels. Compared to your wife and your family, it is just a car. Everything can be fixed, focus on the best case scenario. Todd will take care of it.

• Like 1

Chill mate... as i told you today, i feel your pain... one step at a time...

I just got so annoyed by people keep saying that I could do a u turn or reverse back out, the road was no wider than a bus lane, and the longest stright line would be less than 150 meters, so it's simply just coner after coner, and the middle of the road is so high so I have to stick to one side of the road as well, I just want tell people that I had no choice but drive forward and people just don't believe me and blame me for the damage which made me lose control. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, as if I stopped at the first 200 meters my car would be saved but as I said earlier, I only thought it's just a bad condition road to a beautiful photo place, and the first part of the road wasn't that bad compare to the end part where I stopped several times. So please take my deepest apology and please understand the situation back there.

Let me know when you want to do this I'll come for a run with you, for the fun of it :)