SAU Community

Need Help With My R32 Skyline Running A Rb20De

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this as I'm a new member, But I haven't been able to find out anything about Rb20DE afms, only RB20DET stuff is coming up.

So basically, I just engine swapped my 1989 HCR-32 Rb20det to a Rb20DE because I get my Ps in a month.

Everythings done, but I'm having trouble figuring out what Afm I can run? The DET afm I have does nothing with the Rb20de GTS ecu.

its a standard rb20det 80mm Green label afm.

I can run the car with the DET afm and it does its usual thing like any other car would with no afm, so I un plug the afm and there's no differnce at all.

I have found a Rb20 purple label afm from a Cefiro but I have no idea if that will work.

If someone can link me to what afm will work on a NA rb20de or tell me what will work that would be great!

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Afaik the det afm should still work fine, but the pinout at the plug may be different, hence why its going into safe mode. Maybe worth googling the pinouts and checking.

Also, converting a turbo car to a non turbo car doesnt mean you can drive it on your p's.

Regardless of the engine, when the run the plates and see it was/is a turbo car. Theyll have a chat to you.

Unless. you have it engineered/complied/etc retitling it as a non turbo.

Would have been no different then just pulling the turbo gear off the turbo engine and running the engine as a decomp na. still a turbo.