SAU Community

Stagea Weird Indicator/high Beam Flicker Issue

stolen-gtr

Hi everyone

I have this weird problem with my Stagea (series 2 if that matters)

When the headlights are on and i turn on the right indicator, the headlights flick to high beam for about half a second then back to normal. Doesn't do it when indicating left and doesn't do it every single time.

Was thinking about replacing the indicator stalk but hoping someone might have another idea :)

Cheers Lucas

I have a s2 but the problem with mine is when you put the right indicator on the headlights flick off then on again for a milli second, but only once every 10-15 min so I can't replicate it all the time????

Mate that sounds like what mine might be doing... After doing it again last night I think it is the headlights flicking off but because I have hid lights it looked like the high beam initially

Mine happens much more often than 10 min though it probably happens every 3-4 times no matter about time passed

I'm trying to get hold of another indicator stalk anyway to hopefully solve it or at least rule it out

Can't believe more people haven't got this problem? :-(

Keep us all posted on what your out come is. They way I get around it is make my girlfriend drive her car at night, this way I never have to worry about getting done for Drink driving hahaha

I have the issue of them flicking off for a millisecond. Strange thing is the voltage meter shows a very small dip in power when it happens and some interior lights also dim.

I can often turn off my radio and it can sort the problem.

Confirmed tonight that it is definitely the lights flicking off, not to high beam. Doing it a lot less tonight than previous nights.

What's the theory behind the radio station? My radio tuner is never on, it's always playing from usb (sorry not sure if that answers your question or not)

Just weird I guess, The only far out weird thing I'm thinking of is a frequency issue between the lights & a particular radio station. It is possible, as frequencies in certain areas CAN affect electrical operation.

On Ben's car, if it only happens when a particular station/band is being used, then when he indicates, if there is a slight resistance (& frequency) change to the operating headlight circuit at the stalk that is very close to that of the radio, then interference MAY occur.

It's weird, I know, but in my years in dealerships, I've seen ALOT of weird stuff, & frequency interruption is one of them!

Update!!

Spoke to a mate today who has the same problem in his C34! He has changed his indicator stalk 3 times now, each time it fixed the problem but each time it happened about 6 months later.

But apparently the problem does not occur unless you use AUTO light setting. If you use normal headlight controls there is no flicker!

Will confirm this is the case tonight, and if so i'm not going to bother replacing the stalk if its just going to keep happening.

Hope that helps some other people! Can everyone who was having the issue please confirm they had lights on the AUTO setting at the time?

• 1 year later...