SAU Community

Rb26 Blowing Alot Of Blue Smoke Urgent Help

hey guys i have r33 gtr the rb26 head has been serviced with

Hks cams

Hks cam gears

Valve stem seals and all replaced.

R34 gtr ball bearing turbos still ceramic housing

The car made 270kws at peak 21 but actuators brought the boost down to 16psi

Now since yesterday the motor haa been blowing alot of blue smoke under boost load and on idle if you rev the car.

The car was overfilled also bout 1.5ltrs of oil but i fixed that and now its perfect. How do i check if its my piston rings or my turbo seals blown ? Ever since it blew smoke it doesnt come on boost as hard

Don't know what to expect.

But what is important is that all cylinders are pretty much the same.

It's extremely unlikely that all pistons would die at the same time.

So the actual pressure result doesn't mean much, but the difference between cylinders is crucial.

Oil going into to the turbo inlet is from blowby.

Oil coming out of the turbo unto the intercooler pipes (with none in inlet) means it's the turbo leaking oil ;)

Edited by Ben C34

Ok so if it was turbos that means it wouldnt blow into the exhaust if it blows into the intercooler?

So most likely its motor?

If its motor and i run a catch can will it fix the issue partially?

The car doesnt go as hard now the blww smoke has come

I don't know what you mean

If oil is coming out of the turbos it will go into the intercooler pipework then into the engine and get burnt and make blue smoke.

If there's tonnes of blowby all of a sudden a catch can might do something, but doesn't fix the cause of the issue.

Get some speed up without boosting in say 3rd or 4th and then (preferably on a long down hill (if you have such a thing where you are) take your foot of the throttle and after a few seconds floor it. A big puff of smoke will suggest oil being sucked past the rings. But compression test to confirm. If you have poor compressions no catch can will restore lost power - start saving for engine out!

The engine was sitting for 4-6months without use on a crate.

The engine was never blowing smoke and all of a sudden it just started blowng smoke doesnt piston rings occur slow?

Boosting ceramic turbos to 18psi

I will check for compression if all good then would it be the turbos?

Yeh my dipstick popped out the other day while driving and im thinking because of overfilled oil and im guessing atleast 2ltrs came out and it was atill way pverfilled on the dipstick and it popped again and let oil out and still overfilled

Im going to do oil change tonight and put lucas neil additive to thicken the oil and see if it stops the blowig smoke if it does then we know its rings and if it doesnt at least minimise th smoke then turbos

Yeh my dipstick popped out the other day while driving and im thinking because of overfilled oil and im guessing atleast 2ltrs came out and it was atill way pverfilled on the dipstick and it popped again and let oil out and still overfilled

Im going to do oil change tonight and put lucas neil additive to thicken the oil and see if it stops the blowig smoke if it does then we know its rings and if it doesnt at least minimise th smoke then turbos

Just empty it to the correct height and see what happens. That lucas stuff is as thick as gear oil, it's for extreme circumstances. Not testing.