SAU Community

Car Not Starting

hey guys i am having a problem with my car, the issue is my car won't start

like when i try to turn the key over there will be no cranking what so ever,

i thought it would be the battery so i gave it a jump start but nothing happens

the interior lights seem to still work as well as my break lights, but nothing else works

the dash light would work until i turn my key over to accessories and then it'll die with no dash light

its as though the immobilizer has activated :S, its happened a few times, the first time i managed to fix it by

taking of the positive terminal and put it back on after a while, the second time it happened i tried the same thing

but it didn't work and so my friend was checking out the fuses to see if it's loose and it seeemed to work

but the problem came back, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? if so what did you do to fix or? or what could be the problem?

I've never had this problem with my 350z, but I had it with an older car (a ford laser) and it was simply a dead starter motor.. Are you getting any noise at all when you turn the ignition to start?

Going by your previous experience it's probably more likely to be related to the immobiliser - maybe your previous fix didnt actually fix the problem properly, only temporarily..?

Might be immobiliser issue or starter.

Try tapping the starter with a hammer while someone tries to crank it.

Is it a manual or auto?

Edited by s4rl