SAU Community

Angry And Ropeable - Nsw Sro Steal Cash From Bank Account

Sinista32

Need to VENT

Checked my bank account tonight.

$1704 removed today from my CBA Account

NSW STATE RECOVERY

Why am I spittin chips and feel mad as hell and helpless.

I have no unpaid fines, I haven't been physically booked, no red cameras NOT even a friggin J walking notice.

It's been 5yrs since I got my last speeding fine in Canberra and paid it the same week. ($200 or so dollars)

I've received absolutely NO infringement notices, no court orders or debt recovery letters.

My address is on my license and has always been correct.

If I had done something worth a fine that hefty I'd know about it. Surely. That amount would be a hell of a speed and loss of license.

No one drives my cars but me. It's been about 7yrs since anyone has driven any of my cars.

I don't go interstate often and I certainly don't go more than 10-15 over the limit (99.99% of the time)

Now my hard earned cash is gone I am going to have to spend my effort and likely money to follow this up through the courts.

Innocent until found guilty or guilty till found innocent? So now I have to prove I'm innocent rather than they prove I did something wrong ?

I rang the bank immediately thinking the CBA had been scammed.

They said a garnish order had been presented and they transferred the $1704 to the NSW STATE RECOVERY office.

Side note. Closing account in the morning !!

HOW THE FARK CAN SOMEONE BALLS UP SO BADLY THAT THIS HAPPENS !

Any lawyers want to do a pro bono ?

Any one in the Media and need a slow news day story ?

I have emailed the NSW SRO through their website disputing the enforcement notice and asking for the Incident and evidence.

I don't hold out much hope without spending a heap on legal :(

Feel so powerless but would like to rip heads off.

That's most unusual Richard that you don't even know what it's in relation to? Once you procure all relevant information ACA might see this as a worthy rescue mission.

Meanwhile I'll PM you two SAU Members who are lawyers. And if you belong to NRMA Insurance, don't they have free lawyer advice or is that only in relation to a claim? This is distressing.

Thanks Terry. PM received.

$1700 dollar offence is something one would remember. Like a police chase or even 200kmph but not caught.

It's obviously gone through the court system to obtain a garnishee order and obtain my bank details.

Now that would require a huge amount of paperwork sent to the offender over a lengthy period of time.

and yet nothing received so unable to dispute :rant:

Jesus Richard sorry to hear that. Let me know if you need my shin breaking abilities.

I wouldn't have thought taking money like that is even nearly legal without prior knowledge of the incident????

A Garnishee Order is a big deal and usually a last resort to claim finds via the Court process.

I suggest your first step would be to obtain the services of a solicitor and let him take it from there.

His fees and any associated costs would be presented to those who obtained the Garnishee Order apparently using incorrect info.

A year ago i received my tax return letter in the post and instead of the modest credit i was expecting it was a bill for $20000!!! After spending a Sh*tload of my time and some of my hard earned, i finally got it cleared. but it was definitely a case of guilty until proved innocent (by own hard work) and then when i had finally succeeded in sorting it out there is no apology or any kind of admittance of incompetence.

Good luck sorting it out!